Recent Topics

1 Mar 28, 2008 03:50    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hello,
I'd like to have only members comment one of my blogs, http://roberthoehne.com/b2evolution/index.php/club while on my other blog, www.roberthoehne.com any visitor can comment.
Is there a standard switch/setting for this or do I need to play with the code on the site?
Regards,
Robert

2 Mar 28, 2008 04:32

Hi, welcome to the forum.
In the Admin for your blog try going to Blog Settings -> Group Permissions.
Cheers

3 Mar 28, 2008 05:01

that has helped a little, I looked at advanced group permissions and I can see areas I can play with.
let me explain how the pictures site is wanted.
I have 10 members which can blog here. Only those members can comment on any of the entries, visitors can view comments but not post any comments.
If I close the comments then no one can comment, visitors or members, If I open comments then visitors and members can make comments. I cannot limit one groups comments and yet allow the other.
I am really after members only being able to do a blog entry and do a comment on other blog entries.
I hope I explained that well enough.

4 Mar 28, 2008 05:24

Hi roberth. Welcome to the forums!

Take advantage of the search feature of the forums as I'm completely certain a hack for "members only can comment" has been documented here.

5 Mar 28, 2008 05:37

love to edit my profile, can't see where to put the website. The first post does have it though, www.roberthoehne.com.
I just got here so excuse not being fully set yet.
BTW, did search but it was hard to get a short list of threads with such a broad search term. I'll search some more.

7 Mar 28, 2008 11:52

roberth wrote:

love to edit my profile, can't see where to put the website. The first post does have it though, www.roberthoehne.com ...

That's how I knew your version ;)

It's a signature file line and will change one day when I feel like it - not something I typed to ya, but hey if you want to add your website to your profile click the "profile" link in the top section of the page and scroll down a bit. You can also add a signature line there :D

Glad to hear you found it. Yeah it's hard to find all the older stuff sometimes because of the number of posts search has to work through. The thing is though that those of us who tend to play here a lot have moved on from the 1.* generation so we don't have the info at our fingertips anymore. Much easier for us to say "dig it up" than to simply post an answer ... and searching sucks for us too :roll:

Form is loading...