Recent Topics

1 Mar 28, 2008 16:52    

My b2evolution Version: 1.10.x

I have several times received this error message when trying to access my blog

Bad Request!

The parameters of your request are invalid.

If you have obtained this error by clicking on a link INSIDE of this site, please report the bad link to the administrator.

Go back to home page

Additional information about this error:
Illegal value received for parameter «author»!

According to an earlier thread http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=12283 this might have to do with cookies / names of cookies.

I've found out that the error message disappears if I delete the cookie for "author".

So maybe the b2evo-cookie conflicts with cookies from other webpages?
Is there a way to rename this cookie?

The error message only appears in Firefox, my main browser, but not in Safari or Opera

Thanks for your help!

2 Apr 01, 2008 00:02

hm.. one of the very rare occasions when the forum members don't know the answer?

3 Jul 05, 2008 14:51

I just upgraded to 2.4.2 and got this error when trying to view my blog in Firefox. I was able to use IE7 without a problem. I need to now find where "author" is set.

4 Jul 05, 2008 19:31

I'm using Firefox and not seeing any error messages on your blog.

Got a link that shows this problem?

5 Jul 05, 2008 22:25

I found the cookie that caused it and deleted it. The frustrating thing with it was the back office worked without a problem. Now when I get the problem again I might get an inkling which feature of my site is adding that cookie.

6 Jul 05, 2008 22:29

In my case I suppose it was a statistic script. After having removed it, I no longer had any problems. It had nothing to do with Firefox. It occured with every browser that has visited the site

Form is loading...