Recent Topics

1 Apr 01, 2008 00:49    

I'm just wondering if this could be a valid email address q#^_+w/\'!e@domain.com because I successfully use it in message form.

2 Apr 03, 2008 03:02

On my server, no. That doesn't mean it's not allowed by all the rules that govern this sort of thing yah? Only that MY server says it's a crappy email address. What I got when I tried it was

Sorry, the ":Username": (local part) can only contain alpha, numeric, periods, - hyphens, or _ underscore characters.

3 Apr 03, 2008 03:11

I mean b2evo, it considers this email as valid.

4 Apr 03, 2008 03:24

I think I understood that b2evolution allowed it, so I tested it on my domain name. I have no idea if "the standards" allow for this type of email, and sure can't recall ever seeing one like that. Seems to me if the standards require "letters numbers hyphen underscore dot" only then b2evolution should not have allowed that string to be used as an email addy.

5 Apr 03, 2008 03:37

According to RFC 2822, the local-part of the address may use any of these ASCII characters:

* Uppercase and lowercase letters
* The digits 0 through 9
* The characters ! # $ % * / ? | ^ { } ` ~ & ' + - = _
* The character . provided that it is not the first nor last character in the local-part, nor may it appear two or more times consecutively.

I was wrong, this is a valid email.

6 Apr 03, 2008 03:50

So !.#.$.%.*./.?.|.^.{.}.`.~.&.'.+.-.=._ is a valid email name? Yeah... right.

There ought to be a standard that says standards can't be stupid because this is a stupid standard. In fact, it could be the standard example of what a stupid standard looks like.

Form is loading...