Recent Topics

1 Apr 02, 2008 14:28    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I finished what I believe is a fully working version of the WordPress skin Illacrimo for B2evo. So It's time you guys test it ;)
[url=http://www.blog.hemminga.net/media/blogs/Illacrimo/illacrimo.zip]Download[/url] and have fun.

http://www.blog.hemminga.net/B2evoforum/Illacrimo.png

And do leave your comment in this topic!

2 Apr 05, 2008 03:14

This is a nice skin, I could see using it. but I have some suggestions:

1) The middle sidebar needs to be smaller and the post column needs to be larger
2) Ditch the odd date entry on the side - another waste of good area for your main post column
3) can't see any of the widgets at the page top or the menu - Are they just not available or are they hidden somewhere?
4) and what's with the perma search tool and atom listing - I can't seem to make it go away?

Also - I notice this alot with some skins... but the letters in the title that go below the main line... like a lower case "g" - seems to get cut off.

http://coldheartedtruth.com/politics/index.php?blog=7

Title Linkblog (the "g" gets lost)

Again... nice skin. It already matches my color scheme. Most of the changes I could make myself. But I confess that I am not sure how to go about getting the widgets to show up page top or menu.

3 Apr 05, 2008 11:23

You are completely correct in all your observations. But I set out this job to copy the WP skin and I succeeded fairly good at that.
That doesn't mean you can't do with the skin whatever you want. Start by cutting out the fixed searchfiel and Atom thing. In /skins/illacrimo/index.main.php find:

<div class="Search">
	<form action="<?php $Blog->gen_blogurl() ?>" method="post">
	<input name="s" class="keyword" type="text" />
	<div id="buttonsearch">
		<input name="submit" class="search" title="Search" src="images/ButtonTransparent.png" alt="Search" type="image" />
	</div>
</form>
</div>

Where *exactly* would you want another container at the top?

Good luck

4 Apr 05, 2008 18:40

Not sure exactly - right now I use a modified zen

http://coldheartedtruth.com/politics/index.php

which allows the top "public blog menu" on top - Most skins have something to this degree, if only a link (although I actually like the way it works in Zen).

and then another menu under the header where I have admin - Although That I could probably add to a sidebar and live without.

5 Apr 05, 2008 18:50

It's all about choices.
A top bar would break the skin. I wouldn't like it. As you can see from the picture above I have the blogroll in the sidebar.
This is a difficult aspect in converting WP skins. I kept this one tight to the original.

Good luck

6 Apr 06, 2008 05:10

http://coldheartedtruth.com/politics/index.php?blog=7

I squared some things off, changed the color, made the main posting area bigger and got rid of the silly date thing on the side. Haven't decided if I want to increase the posting area a bit more, or move the sidebars in a ways to condense the page. I decided to keep the search for now, (mainly because removing it took away that cool part of the sidebar that goes into the header although I am sure there is a way around that)... but may move the feed info.

Still running into three problems that I havn't figured out yet.

1) The second widget in the menu (tagline) - cannot seem to change the position, size, or anything. believed it was this line in the stylesheet:

.Header .Desc { color:#75c0d9; font-size: 14px; line-height: 14px; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing:
-1px; font-family: 'Arial'; padding: 0px; margin: 0px 0px 0px 100px;}

But i can do pretty much anything I want to this line without effecting much of anything. In fact I delete it once and I didn't see what the heck disappeared, but it wasn't that tagline.

2) Floating search button - it's way off to the side - I figure it's because I changed the size of the columns - but I cannot figure out where to change the padding, margin or whatever - Or perhaps I have just been looking at it too long.

3) The dates are still funky, even as they are smaller and in the right place. They line up on top of each other? What exactly tells them to go line by line rather than on the same line as the author - and what puts them on top?

This is what i got now - perhaps it's all those }}} after every line? Or is it something in the index page that is driving this?

.PostAuthor { padding: 1px 0px; margin: 0px; font-size: 10px; color:#8a98a2; font-weight: bold;}
.PostDate { margin: 0px; padding: 0px 10px 6px 10px;}
.PostDate small { font-size: 10px; color:#8a98a2; font-weight: bold; }
.PostDate .month { display:block; text-transform: uppercase; font-size: 9px;}
.PostDate .day { display:block; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; font-family: 'Arial'; letter-spacing: -1px; font-weight: normal; color:#4a5a65;}
.PostDate .year { display:block;}

Anyways... I guess I got too tired to keep looking and thought I would appeal to someone with more php/css smarts than me.

7 Apr 06, 2008 11:57

1) The tagine itself has no class. It's *(from memory) called by .Header p so you either change .Header Desk in the stylesheet or do what I have done: add Desk as style tag in the widget settings.

2) I did my utmost to get that image where it's supposed to be. I'm glad it listens to me rather than to you.

3) change the php rather than the code. The php splits the day from the month. Simply put that back in one call.

You gotta admire the person who coded this in the first place!

Good luck

8 Apr 07, 2008 19:30

If you have widgets under the menu option - they display as these nice white words against the light blue -

But as soon as they become a visited url - the color of the font changes to light blue and becomes pretty much unreadable -

Happening on IE - 6.X

9 Apr 08, 2008 22:51

1) Several of my bloggers like the skin... but don't like the lack of a an actual time - Is there a way to add a HHMMSS time stamp?

2) When you go to the permanent link for one post - the title comes up twice.

10 Apr 09, 2008 21:16

Fixed the menu visited URL issue by adding the line:

Menu a:visited { color:#fff; text-decoration: none; }

In the menu area:

11 Apr 18, 2008 14:58

Alwas
how can i vary the width of columns ? Thanks

Thanh

13 Apr 18, 2008 16:04

Hi thanh. You are running 2.4.0-RC2, which is a release candidate or "alpha" package. For that reason alone you should upgrade to 2.4.1 which will also fix the error message.

I'm quite certain a fix for the error without upgrading is possible, but I would rather encourage you to upgrade than help you find a way to run a version that will forever have minor inconsistencies with the version that everyone using any 2.* release should be using.

Form is loading...