Recent Topics

1 Apr 02, 2008 15:02    

My b2evolution Version: 2.4.1

Excuse me but I cant find out how a new user would register. I've checked all the back-office options and searched for an answer for hours???

Am I missing something???

2 Apr 02, 2008 15:04

Hi amoun,

As long as you are logged in you won't see the register link. It's there once you log out and there is no cookie from you left. So best try in another browser or on another computer.

Good luck

3 Apr 02, 2008 15:10

Thanks Afwas

I was getting there. If I'm logged off it's no different but it seems a bit odd that someone can't use the same computer or browser etc.

It would be nice to be able to register and see what other registerees come up with.

Thanks again, I try my old IE6 :oops:

4 Apr 02, 2008 15:16

Nope IE6 wasn't any different :(

There was no option on the home page for someone to register.

Also strange I couldn't find anything about it via a search.

My IE6 is pretty tight, no cookies unless excepted, so allowed my site. Can't think of ought else, maybe a bad download.

The only script I've changed is

if( !isset($login_required) )
{
	$login_required = false;
}

to

if( $blog == "2")
{
	$login_required = true;
}
else{$login_required = false;}

5 Apr 02, 2008 15:25

OK no luck after deleting cookies on Firefox either. :?:

6 Apr 02, 2008 15:30

Under Back Office > Global Settings > General : I have the ['New Users Can Register'] [checked] but I can't find anywhere that enables or stops it from being displayed on the screen?

7 Apr 02, 2008 15:40

Do you have a link to the blog?

8 Apr 02, 2008 15:46

EDIT URL removed

Thanks Afwas

9 Apr 02, 2008 15:51

Ah I've found a widget that provides three options, one of which is the register option. I've just got to get it on the blogs and see if that's what I want :)

10 Apr 02, 2008 15:54

Yes, that's the point. You want the 'User Tools' Widget.
In your current set up there is the 'Log in' link in the menu just under the header.

Good luck

11 Apr 02, 2008 16:03

Ok not so easy. I've put the widget on the old Blog A, which is renamed spAce now. I set it to go in the header and get white writing at the top of the righthand colum using the default skin that came with the download.

Also the widget although having many links doesn't seems to have the ability to select which ones I would want.

OK its better in the menu section but not right. It doesn't actuallt even display waht the widget says it will.

I'ce inserted it in three places and it not right in any of them.

And do I need a widget for such a basic option and
do you think the widget is a bit duff?

Thanks

13 Apr 02, 2008 16:16

Afwas wrote:

Yes, that's the point. You want the 'User Tools' Widget.
In your current set up there is the 'Log in' link in the menu just under the header.

Good luck

Sorry only just got this.

1. Yes the login is ok, but how can someone login if they can't register.
2. Look at the website, one of the widgets placings isn't too bad but not what I want. In the Menu position it doesn't provide a tidy solution I wnat just the extra word 'Register' after where login would be. Not two or three rows below it.
3. In the Top area it is centred and partly off the page

4. In the Header area its to the left with the title hidden and the only three options available in white on pale background of the righthand column (Sidebar)

Maybe it doesn't work with this default skin.

And sorry to nag, but do I need a widget to show the option to register????

14 Apr 02, 2008 16:23

Slowly slowly I'm getting there.

It seems designed for the (Sidebar) must be the css for the other places that screws it up.

The widget should either be a warning or it should have it's own css embedded.

Presumably the widget is customisable and I'll have to work on it.

Still is that the only way to have the option of registering?
I might be better off hacking the menu bar. ?????

Thanks

15 Apr 02, 2008 16:29

Afwas

If you leave any more help, I'll see it later. Got to get off this damn machine and get outside and sow some real seeds etc.

All the best

Amoun

Form is loading...