Recent Topics

1 Apr 17, 2008 19:25    

My b2evolution Version: 2.4.0 rc2

Hi,
How do I give users permission to use my blog? I have added a user as a Blogger but where do I say they can use my blog? They can login but do not have permission to do anything!

I've tried this: http://manual.b2evolution.net/New_users but I can't find a Blogs Tab, and there certainly isn't anywhere I can select which blogs a user has access to. How do I do this?

I think I'm supposed to see a Permissions Tab when clicking on a blog in the bloglist, but there isn't a Permissions tag.

Thanks,
Clive

2 Apr 17, 2008 20:06

DrP wrote:

My b2evolution Version: 1.10.x

Hi,
How do I give users permission to use my blog? I have added a user as a Blogger but where do I say they can use my blog? They can login but do not have permission to do anything!

I've tried this: http://manual.b2evolution.net/New_users but I can't find a Blogs Tab, and there certainly isn't anywhere I can select which blogs a user has access to. How do I do this?
Thanks,
Clive

hey had the same issue myself...there are two places to set options for blog users:

The first is under users > and under there you will see all your users seperated into groups. Click on the group title and you will see the options for that group and there you can set the permissions.

The second way is blog settings > user perms or blog settings > group perms

here you can edit the permissions with check boxes

hope this helps!

3 Apr 17, 2008 20:20

In Blog Settings, I have no User Permissions or Group Permissions! Why is that?
Thanks,
Clive

4 Apr 17, 2008 20:51

you should have..

dont you have all these tabs ?

General Features Skin Widgets Categories URLs SEO Advanced User perms

5 Apr 17, 2008 20:54

There's no User perms, no. I've even installed the latest version of b2evo on another site and that tab isn't on there either. When I create a blog, I have used the Standard Blog. Should I be creating a Multiple Users Blog?
Thanks,
Clive

6 Apr 17, 2008 20:58

I've just tried installing a Multiple Users Blog, and the tab is missing on there also! So, it isn't that...

7 Apr 17, 2008 21:02

Go to "Blog settings -> pick a blog -> Features" subtab and there you will find a checkbox to enable "Use advanced perms" which you will want to check. That will give you the User and Group permissions subtab for that blog.

8 Apr 17, 2008 21:04

Gotcha! Thanks so much!
Clive

9 Apr 17, 2008 21:14

EdB wrote:

Go to "Blog settings -> pick a blog -> Features" subtab and there you will find a checkbox to enable "Use advanced perms" which you will want to check. That will give you the User and Group permissions subtab for that blog.

i am trying to help here with my limited knowledge..wont you pls not interrupt edb ! -just kiddin... :)) i thought it was only for group perms.. sorry bout that.. and glad you are dealing with both simple and complex issues

10 Apr 17, 2008 21:28

Hey the other day I tried to help someone only to learn 5 posts into the thread that I had my head so far up my butt I was looking at the world through my belly button. The more we answer the more we learn eh?

"Advanced Workflow" enables adding statuses to posts. I had no idea! In this case I went looking for the User and Group perms because there was no way I was going to believe that they simply didn't exist anymore, so now I know this one ... and the other one about statuses.

But hey the important thing is that the new players don't get to catch up to my post count. My tender ego is afraid of being beaten there, so I *have* to reply to stuff ;)

11 Apr 18, 2008 00:02

/me makes a pointless post in a vain attempt to catch up with the farm animal wooing EdB :|

¥

Form is loading...