Recent Topics

1 Apr 18, 2008 22:08    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

If a static pages is like a dressy front to my blog - I'd like to make one but don't know what they are for sure. Is that what it is and if so - how do I make one?

I don't understand anything about .pot or that stuff but do html design.

Thanks ;)

2 Apr 19, 2008 00:30

MajorHart wrote:

If a static pages is like a dressy front to my blog - I'd like to make one but don't know what they are for sure. Is that what it is and if so - how do I make one?

Nope. A static page in b2evolution is, effectively, a snapshot of your blog's main page taken at the moment you generate the static page. Near as I can tell it serves no purpose other than to relieve your server of having to actually generate the page each time a visitor shows up. Of course, the next time you post you would have to generate a new static page otherwise your new post won't be part of it.

To make a dressy front to your blog simply make an html page with a link to your blog then put a dress on it. Or something like that.

MajorHart wrote:

Pot is easy: you dry it up and smoke it then laugh at stuff that ain't funny otherwise ;)

In b2evolution a .pot file is the beginning of a localization or translation of almost all the text that shows up in English on the blog - excluding actual blog post content. In other words the bits that title various sections in the sidebar and some of the bits that flank your post like "permalink" and "leave a comment". Basically the translator works with the .pot file and a program designed to write .po files, translates the lines in the .pot file, and manages to produce a file that b2evolution will look to if the blog is to be delivered in a language other than English.

Hope it helps

3 Apr 19, 2008 00:46

Yer meant to wait until it dries? .... bugger, no wonder I keep ending up with pleurisy (sp) :roll:

¥

4 Apr 19, 2008 01:02

heh heh :lol: wow that was funny man :lol: I mean ... like ... check it out: he said "pleurisy" heh heh :lol:

5 Apr 19, 2008 04:15

EdB wrote:

MajorHart wrote:

Nope. A static page in b2evolution is, effectively, a snapshot of your blog's main page taken at the moment you generate the static page. Near as I can tell it serves no purpose other than to relieve your server of having to actually generate the page each time a visitor shows up. Of course, the next time you post you would have to generate a new static page otherwise your new post won't be part of it.

To make a dressy front to your blog simply make an html page with a link to your blog then put a dress on it. Or something like that.

MajorHart wrote:

Pot is easy: you dry it up and smoke it then laugh at stuff that ain't funny otherwise ;)

In b2evolution a .pot file is the beginning of a localization or translation of almost all the text that shows up in English on the blog - excluding actual blog post content. In other words the bits that title various sections in the sidebar and some of the bits that flank your post like "permalink" and "leave a comment". Basically the translator works with the .pot file and a program designed to write .po files, translates the lines in the .pot file, and manages to produce a file that b2evolution will look to if the blog is to be delivered in a language other than English.

Hope it helps

Thanks much - and for entertaining me too. Think I will design a page and link it to the blogs <G>

Form is loading...