Recent Topics

1 May 04, 2008 08:40    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

Ok, so tried searching but to no avail.

How do you use "Item/Post/Page types"?

I already have a custom Item/Post/Page type called "Page2"
I duplicated page.main.php to page2.main.php and did some edits.
Tested it, and voila, it isn't calling page2.main.php

Is that the intention of that feature? Or I misunderstood that feature?

Thanks

2 May 04, 2008 16:31

Yeah you got it a bit wrong. So like if you want an "about me" page b2evolution used to not be able to handle that without hacking. Now you write the page as if it was a post only select the "page type" option in the dropdown menu and publish it. Noticing that it does not show up in the posts loop like a normal post, you immediately go to your Blog settings -> widgets subtab and add the "Page list" widget somewhere. Tada! The "page type" posts will be listed by the "Page list" widget.

Some people have added a post type "sticky" then set their blog to 'order by' p_type and date. Because all custom post types will have a higher ID than the types currently available in the system, the "sticky" will always show up first.

I added three types to my hackblog so that I can use the post type to apply a bit of css to certain post types. Plugins, Hacks, and Obsolete seemed like something fun to add a bit of style to so those are my custom post types.

Helps?

3 May 04, 2008 17:02

Ah lol. Ok. Yah been using the Page post type, but I though all alone it also allows easy creation of other "post type 'pages'".

I guess I still have to look for a Custom Pages plugin hehe.

I'm more looking into calling a new ?.main.php file with a different layout/coding altogether, more on integrating the 'search results' to the blog skin, and probably other future uses.

Anyway, hope it'll be a future feature though.

Thanks!

Form is loading...