Recent Topics

1 May 06, 2008 18:01    

My b2evolution Version: 2.4.2

Hello,

I just made a new skin - it's a modified version of evocamp and has three columns.

I think I covered all my bases, but I'm proabably wrong. ;)

If anyone has a few minutes to check it out and comment, I would be so so happy!

Link: http://www.web-graphic-banner-design.com/blog2/blog1.php

2 May 06, 2008 18:13

georgiadoodle wrote:

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hello,

I just made a new skin - it's a modified version of evocamp and has three columns.

I think I covered all my bases, but I'm proabably wrong. ;)

If anyone has a few minutes to check it out and comment, I would be so so happy!

Link: http://www.web-graphic-banner-design.com/blog2/blog1.php

everything looks fine, except, content area overriding sidebar.right in 1024x768 and ie6..
just an idea, try making it more 1024 compatible(without a horizontal sc bar (: ) i dont -i just used for testing-but a considerable percentage of users still use 1024 and ie 6 ;).. cheers

3 May 06, 2008 19:13

Good points... Got so involved in cross-browser compatibility I totally forgot about IE6!

Removing the horizontal scroll on a 1024 is going to be hard since the graphics take up 200px of horizontal space, but I'll give it a shot!

5 May 06, 2008 21:27

Okay, I'm on it!
Let ya know when I've got it. Thanks!!!

6 May 07, 2008 00:16

Alright, I think I've got it to fit properly into a 1024 screen and looks good on IE6 now, too.

Anyone else have any more comments, etc?

One more question: I noticed on the page about submitting skins, you have to make sure they validate. Mine doesn't validate for two reasons, but they appear to be due to reasons other than the skin. (I switched skins and it still wouldn't validate). Is that okay? Or have I inadvertently changed something? Here is the validation link: http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.web-graphic-banner-design.com%2Fblog2%2F&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0

7 May 07, 2008 00:26

The only error you should care about is in css, all others ain't yours

div.widget_core_coll_title {
  font: 40px Papyrus, sans-serif;
  clear: right;
	padding-top: 90px;
	margin-top: 0;
	zoom: 1; /*ie7 bug, need hasLayout*/
}

Property zoom doesn't exist

8 May 07, 2008 00:28

yep, it now fits in 1024 and in ie6 it doenst override the sideb anymore.I dont see anything wrong technically, however, by saying 'comments' if criticism is what you are looking for -(:- , i can say that bg image with green columns looks so from 1999 html years : P... you might want to change it, and link hover colors should not be same with the content text color (ofc these are personal ideas of mine).. cheers..

9 May 07, 2008 01:42

Okay, I made the link hover state darker brown, and exchanged zoom for a height description.

I'm not too worried about the images at this point (that was just me messing around in Photoshop). I just wanted to create a nice symmetrical three column layout with a dark background.

I will post again when I change out the images for something more 'this generation'. :lol:

10 May 07, 2008 01:47

georgiadoodle don't consider all these messages as *expert's view* ;), go ahead and submit your skin. You did a good job!

11 May 07, 2008 01:59

georgiadoodle wrote:

I will post again when I change out the images for something more 'this generation'. :lol:

sam2kb is right, these are just personal ideas, mine were criticizing just to be criticizing, -better than nothing eh (:-, ofc, that bg etc, are user's choice which could be easily replaced..nice job..cheers

12 May 07, 2008 02:17

Actually I agree about the images. I'm not completely satisfied with them yet.

I love the idea of dark web design though. And the 'ancient' type of vibe I get from the papyrus font. That's what I was going for - not 1999!!! :lol:

Thanks for all your input, you guys are great...

13 May 07, 2008 17:54

I like the fonts, the 3 columns and the dark design. b2evolution needs more dark skins.
georgiadoodle wrote:

+1

14 May 09, 2008 06:24

Okay, got some better graphics (in my humble opinion B) ).
Definitely not 'this generation' but more what I had originally envisioned.

If you don't like it, oh well, I do!

Thanks again everyone for the feedback, I'm much happier with the results now.

Form is loading...