Recent Topics

1 May 13, 2008 00:02    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

I've been writing a bunch of articles in english.

Now, I want to write the spanish version of those articles.

Is there a way to link an article to another article so one sees a "English Version" or "Spanish Version" under the article title next to the date or author?

One thing I don't want to do is create a copy of my skin and create a new blog just for spanish articles...and then have a "Spanish" section. Is this the best way though?

2 May 16, 2008 23:36

Hi this is similar to my problem. I think you can create 2 blogs and have 2 languages. But I don‘t know this linkes the posts in the two languages. maybe there is a way with tags to link them?

I have looked at wordpress and found only 2 plugs to do multilanguage, but one solution was to put each translation in divs with the corresponding lang-tag and display the part for a selected language.

3 Jul 08, 2008 03:12

I have the same problem and haven't found a good solution. I figured you had another problem that I did which was marketing your spanish language sites. I have been looking for a good spanish article site which after 3 months of searching only yielded one good site. It is www.articulosya.com.

Hope this helps solve a problem that you will probably have in about a month or so.[/url]

4 Oct 20, 2008 12:30

Dear friends,
I am new in using b2evo system It seems to be great, but its "multilanguage support" appears as a problem. I see, that it is discussed in many topics. I need to know, after all discussions, is there clear way for:
- having only one installation, one database and inside it - supported several blogs, each into a different language and with interface in the corresponding language.
- having multilanguage support in the boundaries of one post: for example I need to mix in one post English, Bulgarian and Chinese.
Even if the interface is always in English language, it is not such a big problem, but the multilanguage support in every post is very important for me. I will highly appreciate any answer and help!
Best regards
K. Ivanov

6 Oct 20, 2008 19:12

sam2kb wrote:

Welcome to the forums!

You must install b2evo with [url=http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=13366]UTF-8 support[/url] to make posts in different languages. It's not a problem at all.

The problem was to make the same posts in different languages and switch between them.

Good luck

Dear sam2kb,
your help is great! I needed exactly this link! Thank you!
Regards

Form is loading...