Recent Topics

1 May 20, 2008 13:04    

Just a note to say thanks to the developers the forum heads and the many hands on users that have made and continue to help and improve this blogin' engine.

My site is just about pleasant enough to use, well you may have other views, although the content may be questionable.

However fell free to browse.

Of interest maybe is the blog, http://eu.rogerlovejoy.eu/b2evo dedicated to the changes I am making mostly to the skin which was simple_zen.

All the best, have a nice summer in the northern hemi, enjoy the autumn and winter down under and those of you between the tropics of c and c watch out for those damn mossies.

Amoun

2 May 20, 2008 14:19

nice ameo, even if it doesn't look customized way far from simple_zen; i know how hard it is to tweak skins, also i ve liked the way you share everything you modified on your b2,

3 May 20, 2008 15:06

Thanks tilqicom

Yes I liked the basis of simple_zen, but no doubt over the years :D I'll hack it a bit more.

All the best

4 May 20, 2008 18:55

1) I'd kill the margin/padding above your header image "white > black > white" doesn't work for me.

2) I find using underscores in class names far easier to read ( <div class="page-edit-link"> as opposed to <div class="page_edit_link"> ? ) .... but maybe it's just me

3) In css when specifying colours, if both parts of the colour are the same value you can use shorthand ( color:#ff8844 can be written color:#f84 ) .... but I'm lazy like that ;)

4) I take it you haven't noticed that there's a code plugin? ( admin > global settings > plugin settings > install new plugin .... choose the uber cool code highlighter plugin and press install ...... then step back in awe as you stare at highlighted code )

5) I don't particularly enjoy bright skins .... hell even a lit candle disturbs me .... ask anyone, they'll all tell you that I'm disturbed :|

6) Ive been told that I have the design sense of a blind guide dog ;)

It's all about me huh? :P

¥

5 May 21, 2008 09:07

Hi ¥åßßå

¥åßßå wrote:

1) I'd kill the margin/padding above your header image "white > black > white" doesn't work for me.

In part its laziness. I had to do a lot of fiddling to align everything using top and bottom margins etc, which still isn't right in IE. The margin at the top of the image is a part of the image, as designed in simple_zen, as is the 'horizontal line' below the image. So the real image is just the Sombrero Galaxy the rest is background. So removing the top 'margin' means cropping the background image and moving everything else up the screen or just changing the colour of the top part.

I'm not sure what to do yet, but your preference is noted and I will do something.
¥åßßå wrote:

2) I find using underscores in class names far easier to read ( <div class="page-edit-link"> as opposed to <div class="page_edit_link"> ? ) .... but maybe it's just me

I think your right. I just have a bad habit of not liking underscores from a decade ago and am only just getting used to them. Now I do a little database work I can see the problem of using a 'minus' sign/hyphen.

¥åßßå wrote:

3) In css when specifying colours, if both parts of the colour are the same value you can use shorthand ( color:#ff8844 can be written color:#f84 ) .... but I'm lazy like that ;)

Yes I am sort of aware of it and just seem to not bother. It fits my eyes better to see such 6 figure conformity

¥åßßå wrote:

4) I take it you haven't noticed that there's a code plugin? ( admin > global settings > plugin settings > install new plugin .... choose the uber cool code highlighter plugin and press install ...... then step back in awe as you stare at highlighted code )

Nope! Will get that. Thanks

¥åßßå wrote:

5) I don't particularly enjoy bright skins .... hell even a lit candle disturbs me .... ask anyone, they'll all tell you that I'm disturbed :|

Oh yea you've got that black background, to highlight your hair :)

¥åßßå wrote:

6) Ive been told that I have the design sense of a blind guide dog ;)

In the old days of cathode ray tubes, black or dark background saves energy.[/quote]

¥åßßå wrote:

It's all about me huh? :P

¥

Tis true tis all about I and I
Where would I be without that other eye?

Thanks

Form is loading...