Recent Topics

1 Jun 05, 2008 06:52    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I want to change my website provider.

So I want to take my existing blog running 1.8.6
http://www.posbrowser.com.au/b2evolution/blogs/

Then on my new website provider install the latest version of b2evolution which I can do but then I need to take my data off the older version and put it on here. How do I do that?

2 Jun 05, 2008 08:03

You need a database backup from the old host, which you will then have to restore into an empty database on the new host. By the way do not try to "move and upgrade" at the same time. Copy all your files and the database from the old host to the new host, get it working again, then upgrade. Longer that way, but if "move and upgrade" fails how will you know where to start fixing it?

3 Jun 05, 2008 09:15

EdB wrote:

You need a database backup from the old host, which you will then have to restore into an empty database on the new host.

How do I do that please?

4 Jun 05, 2008 10:02

if you have access to your databases, via phpmyadmin or cpanel or whatever they use; go to mysql databases, choose your db, then export, save as file, that's it.however do not forget to have a backup of all of your files under public_html or else it has no use.after backing up both db and files properly; you have nothing to worry about, you can rollback whenever you want.If you dont have access to those databases or you dont know how to have a copy of, ask your provider to take one for you.cheers

Form is loading...