Recent Topics

1 Jun 05, 2008 04:59    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

We all know that there's a choice of 5 SEO presets recommended by those 5 cartoon experts.

Anyone have any experience to know which one of those presets is the best to use?

thanks

3 Jun 05, 2008 19:08

now that wasn't much help, was it?

4 Jun 05, 2008 19:34

Which SEO Guy to choose

bloggerboy wrote:

cartoon experts.

¥åßßå wrote:

Number 6 ;)

¥

bloggerboy wrote:

haha hilarious, (: no offense just made me smile

5 Jun 05, 2008 22:50

These cartoon geezers seem anomalous. I hope they disappear from future releases. Unless there's some kind of explanation they can at best confuse.

I think users would be better off being directed to one or more of the multitudes of places where advice on these matters can be obtained, and/or use presets with more useful names that people might recognise, such as 'fail-safe', 'cautious', 'default', 'performance'.

If it's not possible to define these settings in such simple terms then probably then whole preset thing's a bit unnecessary anyway.

6 Jun 05, 2008 23:28

What's wrong with number 6?

Seriously: they're lame. If you pick one you get a link to the idiot's website and can go there and decide if they know more than you do about what you want "the search engines" to do with your content and how you want your links to look. I decided they're all idiots myself ... but I didn't visit their webs to allow them convince me otherwise.

Read the settings. Decide what you like. Pick those options.

Yeah I'm with filthio: that block with the cartoony guys is a waste of real estate.

7 Jun 05, 2008 23:32

Actually there SHOULD BE a number 6 that we can set when we set the values for one blog so that we can re-use OUR preferred model across all blogs.

And The Admin should have the power to turn off anyone else being able to see and select those guys.

8 Jun 06, 2008 04:25

Yah, SEO does seem like something that would be managed by a site owner rather than the individual blog owner.

Managing the SEO settings on a site-wide basis seems like it would be pretty unmanagable.

9 Jun 06, 2008 05:43

Yes, I'd be interested in some feature for making mass updates on a lot of blogs.

I am using b2ev to run a series of city websites and I find myself making changes one by one to over 100 blogs.

Sincerely,

James

10 Jun 06, 2008 08:33

bloggerboy wrote:

EdB wrote:

Actually there SHOULD BE a number 6 that we can set when we set the values for one blog so that we can re-use OUR preferred model across all blogs.

;)

JamesOrr wrote:

Yes, I'd be interested in some feature for making mass updates on a lot of blogs.

EdB's widget manager ( [url=http://wonderwinds.com/hackblog.php/2008/03/27/widget-manager-plugin]Widget Manager Plugin[/url] ) might be of use to you ;)

¥

11 Jun 06, 2008 08:57

bloggerboy this is how it works: ¥åßßå answers questions knowing the next few answers will validate his initial answer, even though the initial answer didn't make sense. Make sense? Plus the less words he uses the more he actually is saying. So when ¥åßßå writes a long post figure it's junk. But wow a one word answer is everything you could ever need to know about not only the question but the next several questions that the as-yet-unrevealed answer raises.

So yeah I was thinking widget manager is a template for a "do my SEO like I want it to be done" but wouldn't it be way cool to actually hack in a cartoony guy #6 and somehow make it be all powerful across all blogs? Much easier to clone the widgman thing I guess, but then I'd never get to be a cartoony SEO guy :(

12 Jun 23, 2008 05:29

Thanks folks for the clarification and the widget.

13 Aug 04, 2008 04:15

¥åßßå is a dude??? :O

Form is loading...