Recent Topics

Installation error (install-php)

Started by on Jun 21, 2008 – Contents updated: Jun 21, 2008

Jun 21, 2008 00:01    

Hi,

Can anyone please assist?

Server 2003 IIS, PHP-5.2.6, my-sql server 5.0.

Webpage at http://blog.domain.com/install/index.php loads fine.
However, the following error message appears when completing the Base Configuration page - Update Config File.

Error
MySQL error!

The PHP MySQL module could not be loaded.

You must edit your php configuration (php.ini) and enable this module (php_mysql.dll).

Do not forget to restart your webserver (if necessary) after editing the PHP conf.

Can anyone provide assistance as I'm unable to locate the string php_mysql.dll in php.ini?

Jun 21, 2008 11:41

Just locate the extensions section of the php.ini and add:

extension=php_mysql.dll

Restart the www service(s)

Also confirm you have the extension (dll) in the extensions folder and that it is specified properly in the php.ini as well.

Eric

Jun 23, 2008 18:37

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the reponse. Unfortunately, i am still receiving the same error.

I have now flattened the Test box and reinstalled:
Apache
MySql
PhP

Again all testing up to displaying the config/install page for B2Evo works fine. However, I am unable to get past the PHP.ini file.
Per your suggestion, I can confirm that both the reference in php.ini is present and that php.dll appear in the extenstions folder?

Any other suggestions?

Dec 15, 2008 02:26

Hi,

I got the same issue. I resolved it by analyzing a little the php5 directories structure and it seems there are may be some changes (at least on Windows) and the php Extensions are in the "ext" folder. Which isn't where I diagnoses it to look for!
Anyhow, my IIS & Php can not acces mysql DLL so:

Here's what I did:

Changed in php.ini, under Dynamic Extensions>

extension=ext/php_mysql.dll

What I changed is I added "ext/"

it was:

extension=php_mysql.dll

hope this help,

regards,

jgi

Form is loading...

CMS + user community – This forum is powered by b2evolution CMS, a complete engine for your website.