Recent Topics

1 Jun 20, 2004 01:03    

Quick question..

Do any of the evoSkins automatically readjust to each users Display settings? And by this I mean, dynamically stretch to full the entire screen(without going over or leaving blank space)

There are skins that show up perfect in 800x600 but once you go to a higher display setting, you end up with a lot of blank space on the sides. Once this happens, the center column is too small, and there is a lot of unused/wasted space.

Is there a way to make the skins stretch to fit each screen resolution? I'm particullary interested in applying this to the "WPC Human Condition" theme if possible.

Thanks

2 Jun 20, 2004 01:35

Lots of skins streach to fill the screen, smoothCurrency and WPC Rubric do off the top of my head (I'm sure there are more). To make Human Condition streach, you'll need to fiddle with the images to get them slidey-over each other like ( http://www.alistapart.com/articles/slidingdoors will help), then it's just a matter of setting the container divs at a certain percentage. You've chosen a hard one there due to the images (hard, but not impossible - it just depends on your knowlege of css).

3 Jun 20, 2004 04:39

Hmm....Well seeing as how I dont know much about stylesheets, I'd have to agree that this may be tricky. But I'll give it a try.

But with WPC Rubric or smoothCurrency as examples, I'm sure I can get something working. Might just take awhile ;)

4 Jun 21, 2004 19:42

Like Graham kinda implied, this really depends on the skin. Many skins have fixed-width, and many have variable-width.

Form is loading...