Recent Topics

1 Jun 26, 2008 22:30    

My b2evolution Version: 1.10.x

I cannot seem to link to the following URL

http://www.humanflowerproject.com/index.php/weblog/comments/a_tall_order_large_stature_trees/

I get an error message when I try.

Any insights?

Thank you.
ecology

2 Jun 26, 2008 22:32

i cant visualize myself having trouble linking to 'anything'.. what holds you not being able to do it ? what kind of error is that, something about validation ?

3 Jun 26, 2008 22:50

tilqicom wrote:

i cant visualize myself having trouble linking to 'anything'.. what holds you not being able to do it ? what kind of error is that, something about validation ?

This is the error I get

Cannot post, please correct these errors:
Supplied URL is invalid. (URL not allowed)

4 Jun 26, 2008 22:57

ecology wrote:

tilqicom wrote:

This is the error I get

turn validation filters off.

go to Admin > Blog Settings > Your Blog > Group perms

Click on the 'Administors' group and turn off validation filters.

Note: you will need to enable Blog Settings > Features "Use advanced perms" to see "Group perms" tab.

make sure you are the only one in this group , or create a group just for yourself and turn off all the filters just for yourself

5 Jun 26, 2008 23:13

tilqicom wrote:

ecology wrote:

tilqicom wrote:

This is the error I get

turn validation filters off.

go to Admin > Blog Settings > Your Blog > Group perms

Click on the 'Administors' group and turn off validation filters.

Note: you will need to enable Blog Settings > Features "Use advanced perms" to see "Group perms" tab.

make sure you are the only one in this group , or create a group just for yourself and turn off all the filters just for yourself

I think we are looking at different versions of b2evo. I see

Admin > Blog settings > My blog > general, skin, display, advanced {does not have filters info}, user permissions, group permissions {no filters option}

6 Jun 26, 2008 23:21

ahh ok than.. i have no information about 2.x earlier versions, sorry bout that, but you would better indicate which version you are using for others to give you the right solution.cheers good luck

7 Jun 27, 2008 00:40

Sounds like an antispam block to me, but I could be wrong. I forget how to do it, but I'm pretty sure you could filter your antispam list to see if you can guess at the keyword that is blocking that URL from being linked to.

You could filter to "order" to see if that word (part of the URL) is the culprit, or try linking to just the domain name. If that works then add in the weblog/ then the comments/ parts until you find the blocker.

IF it is antispam doing the blockage that is.

Form is loading...