Recent Topics

1 Jun 27, 2008 06:22    

My b2evolution Version: 1.10.x

I just upgraded from b2e 1.9 to 2.4.2. The first part of the back office is unstyled when viewed in Safari 3.0.4--in all three skins offered: evo, legacy, and chicago. Seems to work OK, but the tabs are toward the bottom of the screen--lotta scrolling. (I had used Safari previously with no problem.) I see something similar happened to someone, with just one skin, in a beta Firefox version a while back, and it turned out to be a problem with the skin.

I took a screen shot, but I'm not figuring out how to insert it--unless I posted it on the web and linked to it--??

It looks like I imagine it should in Firefox 2.0.0.14. I've got Safari 3.1.1 downloading now, I'll let you know what happens.

Someone might want to know this--?

3 Jun 27, 2008 06:42

Well, Safari 3.1.1 displays the backoffice fine. Was my copy of Safari 3.0.4 corrupted? Or was there some incompatibility? It remains a mystery.

4 Jun 27, 2008 07:42

Oh.... yes, I just launched my Safari 3.1.1 and there are issues with the Dashboard Screens where the main content section floats right!!!
Also some odd button code stuff in the Write screens.

My apologies as I assumed that this was related to the previous post on this matter.

I'll move this to the Bug Forum

Cheers

5 Jun 27, 2008 07:46

I'll test the Demo screens as well..
Some of the issues Write screen issues may/maynot be related to a Plugin

6 Jun 27, 2008 07:52

OK.... I've just tested the Demo ( http://demo.b2evolution.net/ ) and there are no problems.

What I'm seeing is an issue with an experimental Admin Plugin.

In the Demo Safari 3.1.1 works as it should, regardless of skin selection.

You may want to check that all your Admin files were uploaded properly during the upgrade process.

7 Jun 27, 2008 14:11

OK: problem was with Safari 3.0.4--probably still used by many?

Sorry I don't see how to upload screenshot. What I got was: the first 3/4ths of screen a bulleted list in blue, 2 levels of hierarchy, representing the narrow top band of dashboard--admin (w/ vertical list of "drop down" material), logout, b2evolution, dashboard, see, etc... (THAT part looked like "unstyled" html.) THEN there was ONE row of "tabs" labelled dashboard, posts/comments, files, etc as normal.

Because I got the same layout (nonlayout) with all three admin skins--evo, legacy, and chicago--I conclude this is NOT a skin-specific problem.

Because it is "fixed" with the upgrade to Safari 3.1.1, I conclude it is not a problem with Admin files upload.

In S3.1.1, I don't have John's problem of main content floating right, however.

I'm OK now--until I want to let someone blog who is running S3.0.4, at least.

Form is loading...