Recent Topics

1 Jul 16, 2008 18:09    

Or a way to do the following..

I would like to feature on the sidebar a list of upcoming entries from [u]only one category[/u].

For instance.. For categories I have:

News
Photos
Events

I would like to have a simple list of say 10 future entries listed from the EVENTS category. Each entry a click-able link to that particular entry.

So say I set-up events to be blog posts in the future such as:

07/31/08 - Event One
blah blah blah blah

08/06/08 - Event Two
blah blah blah

08/07/08 - Event Three
blah blah blah blah

And today when a person views the site, the sidebar would display:

Categories
------------
News
Photos
Events
-------------
Upcoming Events
07/31/08 - Event One
08/06/08 - Event Two
08/07/08 - Event Three

Of this can be done without a plugin or with the core plugs, please explain if you could.

Thanks in advance..

~Andy

2 Jul 19, 2008 05:03

You can do this:

- make the categories cross-blog. Check the forums for 'Cross posting among multiple blogs'
- Make a new blog that is not in hte Public Blogroll (after creation go to Blog settings -> Features -> List of public blogs
- In this new blog you copy or make the posts for the future events. If you have the Cross posting set up, that's easy
- In the arget blog add a posts widget with the posts from that new dedicated blog.

Good luck

3 Jul 22, 2008 18:10

Thanks much Afwas!! Im checking it out now!

4 Jul 22, 2008 18:46

Still will not show future events. I set the $timestamp_max = ''; in the non-public blog. It shows there... but on my public blog it will not display the posts until the actual DAY of the event shows up. Im stumped.

I want a sidebar that lists upcoming posts. I want the posts to be clickable. And I want the posts to automatically display as an entry the day of the event.

Maybe I have some setting wrong? Or I have missed something.

5 Feb 10, 2009 19:24

I have the same need to include an event list in public, is the subject still unresolved?

Form is loading...