Recent Topics

1 Jul 17, 2008 20:10    

My b2evolution Version: 2.4

I have not made ANY changes to my backoffice settings, haven't uploaded or deleted or changed any files, and suddenly my backoffice looks like this:

http://www.hudson2001.com/miscpics/b2evo/blogadminerror.jpg

Secondarily... I somehow got logged out and my roboform login didn't work, so I requested my password be reset, which I know just sends ME an email... but I have not gotten the email. Is there a way to reset this internally? (My home computer is still logged in, and I hate to chance logging out if I can't get back in.)

3 Jul 18, 2008 14:35

Interesting. Before I tried the above to reset my password, I happened to be clicking on things in the backoffice and saw there was a spot on one of the tabs to enter a new password for my login (admin). So I did. Then I logged out, and successfully logged back in.

Fast forward to my work computer (which is the one I was having problems logging into) and I tried the very same password, and got this error message:

Either you have not enabled cookies or this login window has expired.

Interestingly, this is the exact same error message I was getting before - but cookies are DEFINITELY enabled and I am not sure how or why the login window could be expired - I click on LOGIN from one of my blogs directly.

Is something else at work here that I might be missing?

I am going to try a different browser (the same one I use at home) to see if that makes a difference. It might, but it shouldn't, as I've always been able to login using my current browser (at work) with no problems.

4 Jul 18, 2008 14:40

Yep, I just tried Firefox and the login (with new password) worked. I have NO idea why Avant browser is suddenly screwed up. Hmmm.

5 Jul 18, 2008 14:42

Change the instance name in conf/_advanced.php and you will get rid of those errors

$instance_name = 'qwerty'; // MUST BE A SINGLE WORD! NO SPACES!!

6 Jul 18, 2008 15:07

I will try that tonight, thanks!

7 Jan 04, 2009 04:02

I just wanted to say I needed this again...and it worked again. :) YAY!

(I am assuming I lost the change when I upgraded to the newest version.)

8 Feb 04, 2010 14:41

Just so I don't have to figure all this out again (and will find it in a search when I need it), the reset password function is under Users > [My] Admin account.

:)

Form is loading...