Recent Topics

1 Aug 02, 2008 03:10    

Hey there,

because many of you may seek for a PHPBB3-Bridge for b2evo here is my little hack. The users have to be created in PHPBB and will be created in b2evo when they login first. If they change their password, e-mail... in b2evo there is no bridge back to PHPBB and if you have to delete users in both tools by hand.

Open /includes/auth/auth_db.php

Search for // Successful login... set user_login_attempts to zero...

Add before and insert your database-info from your b2evo-install:

// Check if user is in b2evo

$mysql_host = 'localhost';
		$mysql_user = 'mysql_username';
		$mysql_password = 'mysql_password';
		$mysql_db = 'mysql_database';

$b2evo_group = 3;
		$b2evo_level = 1;

$database=mysql_connect($mysql_host, $mysql_user, $mysql_password) or
		die("Connection failed!");
		$select=mysql_select_db($mysql_db,$database);

$sql = "SELECT user_ID FROM evo_users
		WHERE user_nickname='" . $row['username'] . "'
		LIMIT 1";

$check = mysql_query($sql);

if(mysql_num_rows($check) == 0) {
			mysql_query("INSERT INTO evo_users
			VALUES (
			'" . $row['user_id'] . "',
			'" . strtolower($row['username']) . "',
			'" . md5($password) . "',
			'',
			'',
			'" . $row['username'] . "',
			'',
			'" . $row['user_email'] . "',
			'',
			'',
			'',
			'',
			NOW(),
			'" . $b2evo_level . "',
			'',
			'',
			'',
			'de-DE',
			'nickname',
			'1',
			'1',
			'1',
			'" . $b2evo_group . "',
			'1')");
		}

It's no good code, but it fits for me and maybe for some of you.

2 Aug 08, 2008 20:40

Thanks! I had a hack that took phpbb 2.end-of-line members in a specific group and gave them a 1.10.3 blog, but I had to run it each time I wanted to give new phpbb group members a blog. Now I need to update it to giving a 2.4.2 blog, so this will help upgrade my hack.

We're still using the older phpbb due to too many mods that haven't been upgraded, but one day it would be nice to automate the "when they get put in the group they also get a blog" bit.

3 Aug 13, 2008 17:13

I hope you can help me with something...

I am using phpBB3 and B2evo on my site. I want to use b2evo as an article database/presenter (i.e. I write articles in b2evo and readers can search the archives, etc.). The reader will not need to log-in to read the articles. After reading an article I want the reader to be able to post replies/comments in a phpBB3 forum dedicated to the article. They will need to log-in to phpBB3 in order to post. They should also have the ability to go back to the article and reference it.

Let me state the process differently: A user reads an article in b2evo and wants to post a comment. They click on a link (switches to phpBB3 forum) and then are prompted to either log-in or register. Then they are given the opportunity to post. They also might have the ability to reference the article (possible?). Do you think your hack will allow this procedure? Or can you help me come up with something that will? Also, what about navigation (i.e. being able to still navigate the rest of the site from either b2evo or phpBB3).

I am new to this and need to get things going soon on my site. I could work this out on my own but really do not have all that much time. Any help you could give to speed the process up some would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Alex...

4 Aug 15, 2008 14:57

Interesting. I will test it.

5 Aug 23, 2008 05:59

Hello ahparrish,

sorry, this hack just creates users who exist in PHPBB3 as b2evo-user. It has nothing to do with articals or topics in PHPBB3.

Tears

7 Sep 03, 2008 12:08

An XML-RPC API is under developpment for phpbb3.

it's a set of functions made to allows external applications to comunicate with phpBB forums (since version 3.0) using standard XML-RPC (XML Remote Procedure Calls) protocol.
Using OFAPI you can create custom programs to browse your favourite forums easily.

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=1004745

Form is loading...