Recent Topics

1 Aug 19, 2008 00:07    

Hi, folks,

I'm getting the following error page whenever I try to include Russian characters in the subject line and body of a post:

An unexpected error has occured!

If this error persits, please report it to the administrator.

Additional information about this error:

MySQL error!

Illegal mix of collations (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) and (latin1_german2_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation 'like'(Errno=1267)

Your query: Check URL against antispam blacklist

SELECT aspm_string

FROM evo_antispam

WHERE 'Стол' LIKE CONCAT("%",aspm_string,"%")

LIMIT 0, 1

The MySQL collation was set to utf8_general_ci before installation and still is, so that should not be the problem. My _locales.php had the following values before installation and still does:

$force_io_charset_if_accepted = 'utf-8';
$db_config['connection_charset'] = 'utf8';

Under Global Settings/Regional my locale shows as en-US, and the charset shows as utf-8, so that shouldn't be the problem.

Can anybody help me figure what's going on?

2 Aug 19, 2008 19:21

One more datum. When I look at the html source for b2e pages, I notice that the <head> section of the html does not have any indication of charset. Html defaults to 8859-1, so perhaps that's part of the problem?

3 Aug 19, 2008 20:19

Hi deljr,

You'll find answers when you open evo_antispam table in phpMyAdmin.
You set MySQL collation to utf8_general_ci, but you probably forgot about the database collation.

4 Aug 20, 2008 18:59

Thanks, Sam, that did the trick.

5 Feb 11, 2010 11:23

sam2kb wrote:

Hi deljr,

You'll find answers when you open evo_antispam table in phpMyAdmin.
You set MySQL collation to utf8_general_ci, but you probably forgot about the database collation.

Hi , I am a new member of forum. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guys!!!

Form is loading...