Recent Topics

1 Aug 21, 2008 21:50    

My b2evolution Version: 1.10

Hi newbie here,

I love the idea that B2evolution allows you to run multiple blogs and it seems to be the CMS that I've been looking for for quite a while.

I have one problem/question though.

I want to upload a lot of files to my media folder rather than going through the process of adding them one-by-one through the backoffice, I wanted to upload them all at once through ftp.

However the I don't have write permission in those folders because I am not the owner, Apache is.

How do I fix or bypass this?

2 Aug 22, 2008 16:31

Hi Allycat. Welcome to the forums.

So on your files tab you can switch to the "upload" subtab and upload 5 at a time, and technically you can upload a heck of a lot more at a time by telling it to add another file (link under the 5th upload). By the way the total of all the files you want to upload has to be within the limit set on your Global settings -> files subtab.

Another thing you can do is ask your host to ... install(?) SuPHP not that I know what that is or means. All I know is after a malicious incident on my server SuPHP was recommended by the main developer here and by my host as the preferred solution. After that I no longer have to chmod any folders to get the media thing to work properly, and I can upload and download via ftp without scaring the whole file manager system.

Form is loading...