Recent Topics

1 Aug 21, 2008 19:12    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Cheers everyone. I did a search in the forums, but couldn't find what I'm looking for, so I hope someone here can nudge me in the right direction.

I've got a blog set up using the miami_blue skin. I've recently added Scribefire to my FireFox browser so I can post directly from it. One of the features Scribefire has is a Quick Ads service.

The Quick Ads has an automated set up (worked great with a Google Blogger site), but it won't work with this b2evo skin. It gives me some code and tells me to "paste this code just before the </body> tag in the template file."

I'm new to b2evo, but I think that it's using a skin instead of a template? I've searched through every .php file in the folder, and can't find a file with "</body>.

Does anyone have experience with this set up, or know where I should post the code?

Thank you in advance for your help.

2 Aug 21, 2008 20:40

Look in /skins/_html_footer.inc.php and you'll see the </body> tag. Copy that file to /skins/miami_blue/ folder and your skin will use that version of the file for your blog. OR do the edit in the version in /skins/ folder and all your skins will use it.

That's sort of how the skining/templating system in b2evolution works. It starts with files in /skins/your_skin/ but if it needs something that isn't there due to the skinner didn't see the need to customize it then b2evolution will grab the "generic" copy from the /skins/ folder.

Oh and welcome to the forums :)

3 Aug 21, 2008 21:22

Thanks Mate, I'll give it a try and report back.

4 Aug 21, 2008 23:35

I tried both methods and neither seems to work. I need to step away from it for a bit; I'll look into it again later this evening.

FYI, I checked the html for the Google blog I was able to use Quick Ads with, and it is indeed inserted just before the </body> tag. I'm not sure why it won't work with the code before the same tag either in the /skins/_html_footer.inc.php, or when copying that page to the /skins/miami_blue folder.

5 Aug 22, 2008 07:53

hmmm...

My copy of skins/miami_blue/index.main.php ends with the following code:

<?php
// ------------------------- HTML FOOTER INCLUDED HERE --------------------------
skin_include( '_html_footer.inc.php' );
// Note: You can customize the default HTML footer by copying the
// _html_footer.inc.php file into the current skin folder.
// ------------------------------- END OF FOOTER --------------------------------
?>

That means it needs to find and use _html_footer.inc.php, which it can not find in /skins/miami_blue/ so it looks in /skins/ and should find it. Then at /skins/_html_footer.inc.php my copy shows

<!-- End of skin_wrapper -->
</div>

</body>
</html>

Got link where we can see this not happening?

6 Aug 22, 2008 17:03

Hey Ed, I've got the same code as what you posted, with the exception of the added code just before </body> in the html footer file in the /skins folder.

I did try copying the html footer file to the /skins/miami_blue folder, but got the same result, so I deleted it there, and am using just the file in the /skins folder. According to what I read in the manual last night, the behavior is just what you describe; if it doesn't find the file it's looking for in it's own folder, it defaults to the /skins folder.

I tried searching to see if anyone is using Scribefire Quick Ads with b2evo skins, and couldn't find one reference. I found a lot for "I wish Scribefire would get this working with b2evo".

The blog is at http://fido.net78.net. Thanks again for your help.

7 Aug 29, 2008 03:54

I just wanted to update everyone. I received an email from Scribefire that the developer has been able to reproduce the problem, and is working on a solution. I'll pass more on when I hear back from them.

Form is loading...