Recent Topics

1 Aug 26, 2008 20:59    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

I've one dark skin running on [url=http://blog.honorgate.net/index.php]my blog[/url], and i want putting a second one, lighter, witch any reader can choose.
So, i wonder how readers can choose the dark one or the light one ? Is there any plugin for this ?

Thanks ! :)

2 Aug 26, 2008 21:45

There's no such option in 2.x, but you can make a hack.

For guests:
Set a cookie to the user, read this cookie in stub file and change the $skin value to the one from cookie.

For users:
Save skin name in user settings and then use this value in stub file for $skin variable.

$skin = 'custom';

3 Aug 26, 2008 22:00

ot: nice design (:

4 Aug 26, 2008 23:17

sam2kb wrote:

There's no such option in 2.x, but you can make a hack.

For guests:
Set a cookie to the user, read this cookie in stub file and change the $skin value to the one from cookie.

For users:
Save skin name in user settings and then use this value in stub file for $skin variable.

$skin = 'custom';

Thank you very much for your answer.
But, i'm afraid, i doesn't understand how to set a cookie and read it in stub file. Actualy, stub file as always make me crazy ... :-/
Well ... i think it will be too difficult for me.

Shall i set a link, whitch run anyone on lighter skin ? For instance, on top menu, "Lighter skin", and run blog with this one ?

5 Aug 27, 2008 17:54

So, i've made a_stub file, and then i can change skin, anyone could click and see lighter blog, but problem is, when you click on read more, the original skin is displaying.
Same think when you want to write a comment.

How should i do now ? :-/ (sorry for my english) ...

6 Aug 27, 2008 18:12

I'll try to make a hack or plugin

7 Aug 27, 2008 18:21

Wonderful !
Nice idea ! :)

8 Aug 27, 2008 23:35

Enabled cross posting across multiple blogs (a file edit is required but I don't know which one off the top of my head), have the same list of categories in two blogs (like "sports" and "sports 2" for example, always post in matching categories in both blogs, and select the dark skin for the first blog and the light skin for the second blog. :)

Form is loading...