Recent Topics

1 Sep 04, 2008 15:20    

My b2evolution Version: 2.4.2

Hi!
I am attempting to upgrade my installation and in doing so for some reason it no longer likes my passwords for my admin!
I can get into the DB through mysql but of course the passwords in the table are all secured. Is there a way I can create a new user so I can log into the admin to fix my site? it is giving the error :
Additional information about this error:

Requested Skin does not exist!

I have already replaced the files again as suggested in other posts (this was a fantastico upgrade that went wrong).

Any help would be great.
(www.groan.ca/beemsite)

3 Sep 04, 2008 17:21

Sorry, that is where I'm trying to log into. My login isnt working. i was hoping i could clear the password field but that didnt work either as even if you dont type anything it sill puts in an encoded entry (or so it seems).
So my question is, can i somehow change the password? I tried the forgot password option but it never sends to me.
sigh.

and yes it's my own blog, no i am not trying to do anythign malicious if anyone is wondering. :)

4 Sep 04, 2008 17:23

nevermind. i was using the wrong password and during the throes of a convulsion it came to me.
cheers.

5 Sep 04, 2008 17:32

Cool :D

The reason for my post was because you typed www.groan.domain.com but your baseurl is without the www

Good to see that it was good old fashioned user error in the end :D

¥

6 Sep 04, 2008 19:36

new error

now after installing a new 2.x skin i get this.
Additional information about this error:

The skin [nifty_green] set for blog [BeemNews] does not exist. It must be properly set in the blog properties or properly overriden in a stub file.

7 Sep 04, 2008 19:54

Hi groan

Your current skin /custom/ is broken also since it doesn't display any container.
Please try uploading all files from a fresh copy of B2evolution to your server. Mind the files in the /config/ folder since they are changed (your database connection data is in /conf/_basic_config.php). Keep the version on the server for that file.

Good luck

8 Sep 04, 2008 19:58

Thanks. after i got the error i tried a couple other themes and the custom theme installed properly.

I dont know what was wrong with nifty green as it was stated to be compatible with the new version but when i installed it i got the "no containers" error.

I'll try out some others and see how they respond.
Cheers.

Form is loading...