Recent Topics

1 Sep 06, 2008 15:26    

Ever missed a post autosave feature in b2evolution? Lost your post because your browser/OS crashed?

I did. So I wrote a plugin that provides an autosave feature.
Well, it would better be named "post backup" since it backups your current post all X seconds (configurable) and restores the post form if the post wasn't saved properly. That means you can only autosave one post at once - since this plugin is only meant to save you from losing your current post this isn't a big issue, I think.
Furthermore, while there is a autosaved post in the database you won't be able to edit or create new posts - sorry! Again, normally you're editing/writing only one post, right?

OK, maybe it would be better if you simply try my plugin... :-)

[url=http://sourceforge.net/projects/evocms-plugins/files/save_and_review_plugin/]Download[/url] it at SourceForge. The plugin has been tested with b2evolution 2.4.x.

Oh, wait, I forgot to mention that this plugin also displays a "Save and review" button underneath the post form, just like the button on the plugin settings form. Of course you can disable this (and change other settings like the autosave interval) in your user profile.

2 Jan 26, 2009 23:33

The plugin completely deletes posts if you change the date later.

3 Jan 27, 2009 14:55

Wow, that would be bad. Could you please describe what you did exactly?
I tried to reproduce it: Create a post, autosave it, save it. Edit it, change the date, autosave it, save the post. Post is still in the database... I also tried not to autosave it, but the post still hasn't been deleted... :)

4 Jan 29, 2009 18:45

Yes.

I wrote a [rather long] post. Later, I went to change the time so that it would go above another post. When I pressed to save, it completely disappeared. It happened with another post as well.

5 Jan 29, 2009 19:28

Hm. I tried it. Wrote a post, autosaved and saved it. Edited and set date to the future: Post is still there, of course it doesn't appear on the front end. But it's still visible in the backoffice...
Sorry. I really can't reproduce this?! :/
Maybe someone else could try it? Please? :)

6 Jan 29, 2009 21:11

nelsonguirado, what version of b2evo are you using?
And are you using the latest plugin version?

Can you give us a step-by-step list to reproduce this?

Thanks for reporting this bug and hopefully getting it fixed.

7 Jan 31, 2009 07:30

As close as I can remember:

I wrote the post. The next day I went to change either the date, the time, or both. I pressed "save" and it was completely, irretrievably gone. It happened on another post, but, luckily, the feed in Google reader still had it, and I was able to get it from there.

I'm pretty sure I had the latest version and I'm using 2.46.

8 Feb 02, 2009 16:34

Well, I still can't reproduce it - I've done what you said you did. :|

Anyway, my plugin doesn't call any methods/functions that could delete a post... It only deletes its own (autosaved) post data if you save a post or delete the autosave data manually.

9 Mar 13, 2012 11:26

Hello,

I'm using b2evolution 4.1.3 and I installed the "Save and review / Autosave" plugin.

When I opened a post and I modify something and after I hit the "Save (and review)" button I have the following error:

"An unexpected error has occurred!
If this error persists, please report it to the administrator.
Go back to home page
Additional information about this error:
unhandled action 1:"

If there is no modification added on the post and "Save (and review)" button is hit, the error doesn't appear and I'm redirected to "All" tab from the blog's Dashboard.

Is this plugin compatible with newer versions of b2evolution? Should it be used with 4.1.3 for example?

Thanks.

10 Mar 13, 2012 13:06

Why do you need the plugin ? there is already a save & review button in v4

11 Mar 14, 2012 13:22

For the Autosave function :)

12 Mar 15, 2012 17:58

It's not compatible with b2evo 4.
This plugin, can save your day if you're not a copy-paster :)

Form is loading...