Recent Topics

1 Sep 08, 2008 02:53    

My b2evolution Version: 2.4.2

I am wondering if I have erroneously set something in b2e that is limiting my ability as admin to create additional blogs. I have read users have ability to create unlimited blogs.

I currently have 4 and I no longer see the option for adding another one? I looked everywhere? It should be at the top left corner of the list of blogs under the Dashboard and Global control tabs?

I have been playing with advanced settings recently, I wonder if I messed something up.

:oops:

2 Sep 08, 2008 03:09

Hi kemushi,

Welcome to the forums,
Let's find the correct settings:
Go to Users -> Administrators (hit the link) and see if 'Settings:' 'delete/edit all' is checked

If this isn't the one please report back to this message and we will search further. Note that I smart but by no means a blog mind reader, so we'll have to tackle this by trial and error.

Good luck

3 Sep 08, 2008 04:39

Thanks Afwas:

The Administrator user settings are Edit/delete All.

Update: But this was already the case. It does not change the problem.

4 Sep 08, 2008 05:13

I suppose this means your issue is solved :?:

5 Sep 08, 2008 05:24

NONONO, I'm sorry I was just saying thanks for your assistance, my issue still has NOT been solved.

Sorry, I am still not able to create any additional blogs over 4. Unfortunately I cannot test whether it is actually four by deleting a blog because each one has valuable data... :roll:

6 Sep 08, 2008 05:59

Ok,

Are you sure you are logged in as admin or as user with Admin rights?
What do you see at Blog settings -> List. Is there a link 'Create new blog' at the right side of the bar or is there simply nothing?

If need be PM me the URL and loginname / password of the blog and I can have a look around if I can see something unususal.

Good luck

7 Sep 08, 2008 20:25

I am logged in as the Admin user with full admin rights. I checked the settings page like you recommended and made sure to grant full access to control on all settings.

Prior to having 4 blogs running I was able to click a link that was located in the upper right hand bar of the actual global blogs listing. If you click Dashboard and then click Global, there is a list with the title Select a Blog, on the bar with the title Blog List there should be a link option to Add a New Blog, but this seems to have disappeared, and no where on this page is there any link or button to Add a New Blog. There was one previously, and so I assume I have either hit some kind of hidden capacity setting.

I am right now trying to create an equal admin to my current account to see if a new admin will have the ability to create new blogs (just to rule out whether it's my own user settings or not.)

I cannot give you access to login and look because right now my site is active and somewhat confidential. But I will post some screen shots.

10 Sep 08, 2008 23:28

Well done. Thanks for reporting back to the forums!

Have fun

Form is loading...