Recent Topics

1 Sep 11, 2008 23:47    

I've searched for and experimented with several plugins for a couple of hours now but still haven't really found what I'm looking for...

Blogger.com (blogspot.com) has a "gadget" that can be added to personal blogs called a "Blog List". Its really just a list of links to other blogs. But the neat thing about it is that you simply give it the URL to the blog you want to link to and it scans the site for RSS and creates the link based on information it finds there. It can show you when the last update was, the title of the last update, etc.

I've looked at using the linkblog widget, and that would be fine except that I really like the extra RSS functionality blogger.com provides.

Anyway, I'm just wondering if there are any plugins/widgets similar to blogger's Blog List Gadget.

Thanks!

2 Sep 12, 2008 09:11

Hi Tensai. Welcome to the forums.

Let me see if I understand this. You want a plugin that you could give it a website and it would put something in the sidebar that both links to the site and gives you info about the latest update from that site. IF this is correct I believe ¥åßßå already has something like this available. For example http://innervisions.org.uk/feeds/ is showing some recent posts from quite a few different webs.

If this is what you're looking for then perhaps someone will find the link to the stuff that makes it happen yah?

3 Sep 12, 2008 21:04

That is exactly what I'm looking for. I considered getting started on writing one myself, but if someone has already built something similar that'd be perfect.

If anyone has a link to ¥åßßå's plugin it would be INCREDIBLY helpful!

Thanks EdB!

5 Sep 15, 2008 22:55

Thanks ¥åßßå, much appreciated!

Form is loading...