Recent Topics

1 Sep 12, 2008 18:11    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hi,

I'm new here and would appreciate any help.

I upgraded my blog and I downloaded the pixelgreen skin but got this message below.

The default skin [pixelgreen] set for blog [Our Environm] does not exist. It must be properly set in the blog properties or properly overriden in a stub file. Contact the webmaster..

I made the pixelgreen my default but it did not work.

thanks in advance
Mike

2 Sep 12, 2008 18:22

probably (%99.99) you have your skin files (index.main.php style.css etc) in a sub folder.. (like .../skins/pixelgreen/pixelgreen/index.main.php) .. please check if you have your files under /skins/pixelgreen only

3 Sep 12, 2008 19:42

Hi b2bmike,

Please check Dashboard -> Global settings -> Skins -> (hit the link that says 'Instal new') and see if the Pixelgreen skin is listed there. If so install it.
If not go one level up (Skins) and check if it's listed there (then it's installed properly). You may want to refresh (there's an icon) at this point.

If your skin is not listed at either screen, please check if it's uploaded properly as tilqicom suggested.

Good luck

4 Sep 12, 2008 20:51

Guys,

Many thanks for your feedback.

This is the link I get http://lebenvironment.com/Newsblog

This is the path where i have pixelgreen: public_html/Newsblog/skins/pixelgreen ( and the files style.css and index.main.php are embedded there)

I can select other skins but not pixelgreen. I'm not sure my new skin is compatible with the blog version although I downloaded the new blog but again it shows at the bottom of my admin site (b2evolution 1.10.3).
how can I tell which version is my blog?

Gush I have the feeling this is very easy but I can't figure where I'm going wrong.

Thanks in advance for your feedback
b2bMike

6 Sep 12, 2008 21:06

This problem is heading towards the 0.01% tilqicom didn't mention:
tilqicom wrote:

probably (%99.99) you have your skin files (index.main.php style.css etc) in a sub folder.. (like .../skins/pixelgreen/pixelgreen/index.main.php) .. please check if you have your files under /skins/pixelgreen only

:p

7 Sep 12, 2008 21:29

EdB wrote:

Ah. For v1.* installations you have to use v1.* skins. Go to http://skins.b2evolution.net/one.php and see if there is something you like, but don't be too let down when pixelgreen doesn't show up.

EdB the reason why I want pixelgreen is because its closest to the concept of my website which is an environment one.

So whats the 0.01% problem then ?
:roll: :oops:

thanks gents for your feedback

8 Sep 12, 2008 21:38

Currently you are using a 1.10 blog. You'll need to upgrade to 2.4.2.
As you wrote in your first post, you did upgrade, but you'll need to check that since the source of your blog page says you didn't.

So I advise you to run through the steps of upgrading your blog to 2.4.2 again and try to install the pixelgreen skin if the upgrade succeeded.

See this line in the source of your blog:

<meta name="generator" content="b2evolution 1.10.3" /> <!-- Please leave this for stats -->

Good luck

9 Sep 12, 2008 21:42

btw the files that I have under my skins forexample Miami_blue has the following files _bloglist.php, _feedback.php, _linkblog.php, _main.php and skinshot.jpg

While on the other hand the files under pixelgreen are _sidebar.inc.php, index.main.php, skinshot.jpg and style.css

is it normal to have different files in different skins? just figuring things out
8|

10 Sep 12, 2008 22:02

You have a skin for v2.*, but are running v1.10.3 is the problem. You have to use skins for v1.* (which you can get from the link I provided) and make it be like pixelgreen OR upgrade your installation to v2.4.2 and use skins for that generation.

11 Sep 12, 2008 23:06

Afwas wrote:

tilqicom wrote:

:p

B) i presumed he was using 2.x.. not many 1.x users left (: despite the fact that i dont like political speaking guys, it seems that mistake margin works every time for changing your mouth later on P:

12 Sep 12, 2008 23:10

I'm just trying to statistically proof that your margin of error is larger than 0.01% ;)

Form is loading...