Recent Topics

1 Sep 21, 2008 10:52    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

In Wordpress there's an option to create "Pages," single pages that use the blog's template but aren't a post or listed in the post archives.

I'm wondering if b2evolution has an equivalent, as I'd like to create a few pages like a staff page, but have the template automatically update with the rest of the site.

Thanks

2 Sep 21, 2008 17:00

admin > write ... meander over to the post type dropdown ( somewhere near post title) ... select "page" ... create your awesome page ... press submit ... stand back in awe at the forethought of the developers ;)

Ohhh yeah, if yer not awestruck then you may also need to meander to admin > blog settings > [blog] > widgets and add the "page list" widget ;)

¥

3 Sep 21, 2008 17:30

Awesome, thanks!

4 Oct 01, 2008 16:28

Follow up question:

Which file should I edit to remove the author and date from a "page"? Is there a way to make it so that it still appears in normal blog posts but won't in a "page"?

5 Oct 01, 2008 19:23

yellowlightman wrote:

Follow up question:

Which file should I edit to remove the author and date from a "page"? Is there a way to make it so that it still appears in normal blog posts but won't in a "page"?

sure, if your skin has a 'page.main.php'.. if it doesnt, just duplicate the index.main.php and rename the duplicate to 'page.main.php' and remove the author and date etc..

6 Oct 04, 2008 16:25

Awesome, thanks for the help!

7 Oct 04, 2008 16:32

yellowlightman wrote:

Awesome, thanks for the help!

not at all, yer welcome

8 Oct 17, 2008 05:01

This thread describes almost exactly what I want to do; is it possible to use this technique and have the "page" render for the site's index? Meaning, when I enter the site's root URL, can I display my static content, while retaining header, sidebars, etc with all the links still working? Basically I want my root page to be more of a portal than a container for posts. I tried a quick hack w/out any research and I got it to work, but than I couldn't get posts to show up anywhere on the site.

9 Oct 17, 2008 05:02

koepked wrote:

This thread describes almost exactly what I want to do; is it possible to use this technique and have the "page" render for the site's index? Meaning, when I enter the site's root URL, can I display my static content, while retaining header, sidebars, etc with all the links still working? Basically I want my root page to be more of a portal than a container for posts. I tried a quick hack w/out any research and I got it to work, but than I couldn't get posts to show up anywhere on the site.

Or is there maybe a better way to accomplish this?

11 Oct 20, 2008 19:17

Hi,

I'm having trouble with adding pages and links to those pages in my b2 blog. None of the suggestions actually add any links to my site: http://www.sotustories.com/b2/blog1.php
although my links appear on my other pages which were default areas I added to, such as http://www.sotustories.com/b2/blog5.php.

I would also like to simply add links to an external site
but have no clue as to how to do add this on the blog, nor can I find an answer anywhere.

My template is a modification of the terrafirma template.

I am lost, lost lost. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Form is loading...