#2 Oct 02, 2008 11:49
you are the best!!
you are the best!!
Just a quick question on this one, but does it prevent RSS feeds going out once a password has been set?
It protects both RSS and regular blog posts
Thanks Sam :>>
no problem :)
Hi Sam, I don't suppose there's any chance of a quick readme or install guide is there? This sounds just what I've been looking for rather than all the other ways of password protection which require individual users' login details.
All you need is upload the plugin in /plugins directory on your website, then in control panel navigate to Global settings > Plugins and install it.
Once installed, you will see a new field "Post password" or alike in post edit screen. Create and use the password to access the post, each post may have unique password.
That is brilliant, just what I was looking for and better than htaccess for our group's purposes. Thank you very much for the effort you've put into that.
No problem :)
Sam - this is working very well and is really helpful. I was wondering - would it be possible to get it to protect the comments too? At the moment the post are protected but anyone can see the comments. I was wondering if the password protector could apply to the comments URL as well.
I agree, it would be a good feature... Sorry, but I'm not planning new releases in the near future.
OK, fair enough, thanks anyway.
Hey, using this the enter password prompt appear in my skin header instead of the post. How can I fix this?
You must be doing something wrong. Can you post or PM me a link to your blog?
You were correct, broken plugin. Fixed it. Working now.
Plugin updated to v1.0.0
- new: protect post comments *
- new: hashed passwords in cookies
- added support for b2evolution v4 and 5
- code clean-up
- bug fixes
* WARNING: Visitors can still view comments on index.php?disp=comments page! Delete or edit /skins/_comments.disp.php
As always, don't rely on this plugin very much.
This plugin doesn't seem to work in v5.0.6.
can someone please confirm?
Well the latest version of b2evo 5 simply breaks older rendering plugins. See if you can get it to work using this workaround
The solution (workaround) you gave me worked. I had to set "Apply rendering to posts: [Always]" in
btw, it seems there is a bug. If you set the same password for two different posts it results in an error.
This plugin allows you to password protect your posts, and visitors would have to enter correct password in order to view post content and comments.
All passwords are stored in cookies (optional) and visitors don't have to enter them every time.
This plugin works in b2evolution v2, 3, 4, and 5
- It creates/installs the file [_comments.disp.php] automatically into the required skins folder (Normal & Mobile/Table (if any)).
- with the created _comments.disp.php file, protected posts will remain hidden from the public [index.php?disp=comments]
- Bug fix * (duplicate entries error) for password creation.
1) Upload the plugin in /plugins directory on your website.
2) Navigate to (/admin.php?ctrl=plugins) : Dashboard > System ? > Plugin configuration, and install it.
3) Navigate here: Dashboard > Blog > Settings > Blog specific plugin settings and set Apply rendering to posts to (Always) & Apply rendering to comments to (Always).
4) Once installed, you will see a new field "Set password" in post edit screen. Create and use the password to access the post, each post may have unique password with up to 255 chars.
The plugin now silently overwrites existing _comments.disp.php files. There must be at least a warning on the install screen.
An even better solution would be to check if the file exists and then add the needed bits of code with preg_replace()
Also, please create a new thread, it would be easier for you to update the head post with new info and download link.
I would close this old thread then.
Thanks Sam will look into it and update whereafter I will create a new thread. Thanks for your help.
I published the updated version. http://forums.b2evolution.net/protected-posts-plugin
Thanks for your input!