Recent Topics

1 Oct 10, 2008 21:51    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

does anyone know if there is a way within b2evolution to see who is viewing the blogs or subscribing to it?

i am new to this! any help or guidance is sincerely appreciated as I am almost at my end trying to figure this out and customize everything 8|

2 Oct 10, 2008 23:56

Welcome to the forums.

You can install the "Who's online Widget"
Global settings > Plugins install > Install new > click install on "Who's online Widget"

After installing you may want to add it to your skin
Blog settings > [your blog ] > Widgets > Add widget > select the "Who's online Widget"

3 Oct 11, 2008 17:03

Hi - thanks so much! I tried that, it just shows though who is currently online if I happen to be on the blog and looking at that particular moment, that is great but is there a way I can get a report (so to speak) that lists subscribers, etc. or people who visited the blog over a certain time span? Kind of like the reports you can get through your web host by page - how many hits, etc. MAINLY though, i just want a list of who is subscribing to this page. My web analyzer tells me how many hits it has, but does not tell me who subscribes.

4 Oct 11, 2008 17:06

I think you can't see subscribers, but there are a lot of other info in blog stats. Did you check the Stats tab?

5 Oct 19, 2008 19:55

Just a thought on this - if you really want some detailed subscriber info you could go this route.

- sign your blog up for a feedburner account

- use a php include in your skins index.main.php

<?php include("feeds.php"); ?>

feeds.php would have all the buttons to add feeds to wherever...

(you can see my blog for a visual example - geeg.info)

then you could even turn off the rss/xml widget B2Evo supplies forcing all your subscribers to be counted and logged - (you can view your stats on the feedburner control panel )

I've just recently done this but left the B2Evo widget on - just far down on the page so people looking for ATOM feeds still can get a link.

Form is loading...