Recent Topics

1 Oct 16, 2008 06:45    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

BTW: version is 2.?? (the one just before this last upgrade)

Hi everyone!

PLEASE HELP ME! My posts are appearing way down the page in IE type engines! They display properly in mozilla firefox [once it decides to load] but there's a big 'blank' area before the first post appears! Luckily I started testing my sites in both browsers, I guess. . .

I checked all the 'widget' codes and even deleted a few but that didn't help at all! What to do???? PLEASE HELP!

My site is:

[url=http://moneydaeasyway.com]Money 'Da' Ea$y Way[/url]

Thnx much!
YE is Here!

PS Is there a plugin, widget for instant upgrade? If so how do I upload and access it?

2 Oct 16, 2008 06:57

add this to the end of your style.css

.post {width: 498px;}

if that doesnt do, do it the dirty way

#content { overflow: hidden;}

3 Oct 16, 2008 07:00

I don't exactly know how to access the "style.css". . . You know, I can't figure out how to access the template code either. . . Sigh. . .

Thanks a zillion for the fast response and the tips!

YE is Here!

5 Oct 16, 2008 07:09

YEisHere wrote:

I don't exactly know how to access the "style.css". . . You know, I can't figure out how to access the template code either. . . Sigh. . .

Thanks a zillion for the fast response and the tips!

YE is Here!

go to your ftp directory and edit .../skins/yourskin/style.css

6 Oct 16, 2008 07:23

Hi,

Thanks again for the prompt responses!

I'm working at following the instructions -- may be too late at night for me to think str8t though. . . In the meantime is there a 'one-click' way for me to upgrade to the new version? Sigh. . . so much 2 do, so few hours in da day!

BTW: I'm gonna bookmark the validator AND remember to look at it FIRST. . .

You ALL are the greatest!

YE is Here!

8 Oct 16, 2008 09:41

Well, guess it's obvious I'm driven. . . 3:32am. . .

Thanks a zillion for the style.css! I validated and went from 140+ errors to 14 -- those are in some 'stock' ads that I can't figure out how to fix. . . one day. . .

Will work on the css another day -- sigh -- wanted to start fresh 2morrow with content not form! ;)

Thnx again, everyone -- especially for the patience! I'm learning :D

YE is Here!

Form is loading...