Recent Topics

1 Oct 16, 2008 12:32    

1, Can I migrate my multiple blogs from word press to b2evolution??

2. What are the difference between you and word press?

3. Actually, I am using word press and i found that it has a lot of bugs in
many themes, so i would like to know weather i will encounter the same
problem here.

2 Oct 16, 2008 19:19

hihichanel wrote:

1, Can I migrate my multiple blogs from word press to b2evolution??

2. What are the difference between you and word press?

3. Actually, I am using word press and i found that it has a lot of bugs in
many themes, so i would like to know weather i will encounter the same
problem here.

1. yes, there are ways to get around it, but cant assure any satisfaction , depends on your installation

2.Am not answering it in the name of 'us' however personally, i can say there are many.For instance, b2 doesnt have trillion security issues unlike wordpress, but for further reference you should go to [url=http://b2evolution.net/about/features.html]b2 home[/url], check the features and experience it yourself.basically it's more professional than personal comparing to wp.

3.I believe bugs with the themes doesnt relate to the software, it depends the way those skins has been created, there is a variety of skins you can check in [url=http://skins.b2evolution.net/]skin directory[/url].. most of them are xhtml and css 2.1 valid, if 'bugs' are like faux columns, or other ie, browser, css bugs etc you meant, there are skins that overcame them all, gotta see them yourself too

3 Oct 16, 2008 20:59

I have been working on our new B2Evolution site for a few months now, but have learned that the site built for us is not for the amateur web person. Because of the way it was set up and the knowledge of code needed in order to make the site workable we have actually considered moving to a Word Press blog for simplicity reasons.

My honest opinion is that the web builder who built our site, built it with the intentions of holding our company hostage so the builder company could continue to bill us. When in reality all we wanted was a site that our people in our company could manage ourselves.

Could someone please help me? I have a scanned version of our backoffice "Write" vs the dashboard "Write Post" of the Word Press site, but I am unable to paste it here. I would like to know if there could have been an easier way to set our B2Evolution site up and the Pros and Cons verses changing to WordPress?

Please Help?

4 Oct 17, 2008 06:59

lilcomp wrote:

I have been working on our new B2Evolution site for a few months now, but have learned that the site built for us is not for the amateur web person.

It would help if you could provide a link to your public (b2evolution blog) site. It may be the case that if you are more familiar with WordPress, you might (understandably) find b2evolution ...well "un"familiar.

lilcomp wrote:

Because of the way it was set up and the knowledge of code needed in order to make the site workable

b2evolution is workable "out of the box" and unless your hacks were done without considering its overall smooth integration into the b2evolution design philosophy, I find perplexing your statement.

lilcomp wrote:

we have actually considered moving to a Word Press blog for simplicity reasons.

From a business perspective, security should be the most important consideration --even over simplicity. On the other hand, b2evolution is intuitive but you must put an effort on understanding its overall design; for instance, the level of security assigned to different users is analogous to GNU/Linux security concepts.

lilcomp wrote:

My honest opinion is that the web builder who built our site, built it with the intentions of holding our company hostage so the builder company could continue to bill us. When in reality all we wanted was a site that our people in our company could manage ourselves.

If the administrators in your organization are very ...hummm, amateur (to use your own words), you have the b2evolution documentation and these peer help resource forums to provide you with relevant insight.

lilcomp wrote:

Could someone please help me? I have a scanned version of our backoffice "Write" vs the dashboard "Write Post" of the Word Press site, but I am unable to paste it here. I would like to know if there could have been an easier way to set our B2Evolution site up and the Pros and Cons verses changing to WordPress?

Please Help?

Suggestion: you only know the requirements of your own business organization. Notwithstanding, security should be topmost consideration when you expose your resources to the wild of the Internet. In this aspect b2evolution shines. With a little effort on your part to understand the design philosophy behind b2evolution, you can adapt it to your own peculiar needs.

Start with an very first installation of the b2evolution software in your own local environment and play with the open source software until you get the notion of the basics. Once you are familiar with "out of th box" b2evolutions concepts, back up your installation and experiment with hacks to the original resources. You can experiment with your modification hacks to your heart's content.

And finally, when you have achieved a result that satisfies your own organization's unique parameters, either compress your essential resources and ftp them to your online site and set b2evolution up; or mirror the local changes to your remote environment.

Hope I provided some insight :D

[url=http://www.metztli-it.com/blog/]Nanahuatl's b2evolution blog[/url]

5 Oct 17, 2008 18:25

Hi lilcomp,

Your problem has nothing to do with the comparison between B2evolution and WordPress. You have a problem with the company that delivered the setup and maintains it. Kick that guy out and find someone you can trust and make a fair and open deal with.

A WordPress blog needs to be maintained also since it may hold security flaws.

It's easy to move from one B2evo installation to another ;)

Good luck

6 Apr 18, 2010 00:13

/*gibberish removed*/ /*crap removed*/

Form is loading...