Recent Topics

1 Oct 23, 2008 00:21    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

if I set up a new blog, unless I log in a administrator there are no options to post a new post or do anything to the blog?

2 Oct 23, 2008 00:40

Hi davidjordan4,

That is correct if the blog is assigned to the administrator. You can change the owner of a blog in Dashboard -> Blog settings -> CHOOSE A BLOG -> General.
Most likely what you want is to allow more bloggers to write in a blog. For that you go to Dashboard -> Blog settings -> CHOOSE A BLOG -> Features and tick "Use advanced perms". That makes two extra tabs appear in Blog settings where you can 'invite' other bloggers to that blog.
Those bloggers will see everything the administrator sees including the Write page.
Some other settings are in Dashboard -> Users. You can allow other bloggers than the admin to work on certain features.

So in general the permission of a blogger / member / user will determine what he sees when he enters the Dashboard.

Good luck

3 Oct 23, 2008 22:10

this is silly, I must be really stupid, no matter what I do I can not get the dashboard to come up on the blog I set up for a user in a group. I have turned on all priv, I think, and still nothing. Only will come up on the admin account?

4 Oct 23, 2008 23:30

Did you select the correct blog for the user where you want him to be able to write? The step CHOOSE A BLOG means you select the blog where you want permissions altered.

Good luck

Form is loading...