Recent Topics

1 Nov 06, 2008 16:45    

My b2evolution Version: 2.4.2 Not Entered

I tried asking this in another thread, but I figured the problem would appear better in searches for other people who have the same problem.

If I try to edit a post and move it to another blog, it disappears. If I hit my back button and then put it back in its original blog, it reappears.

If I try to move an entire category to another blog, the category moves as it should...but ALL the posts under that category disappear. But if I move the category back, all the posts are there again.

Please help.

i appreciate it :>

2 Nov 06, 2008 17:03

For a laugh, crack open conf/_admin.php and check that $allow_cross_posting is set to 3 before you try moving a category

¥

3 Nov 06, 2008 17:10

Thanks Blonde

Yeah...I've done that. Actually, it took me a while to figure that one out. Then after that, I was able to move the posts. But then the post disappeared.

4 Nov 06, 2008 17:15

Ok, next is admin > global settings > features > tick the allow moving categories

If that doesn't work then the chances are that the next request will involve an admin login ... and preferably ftp login as well

The good news is, it might not be me that makes the request, cos I'm great at killing servers :roll:

¥

5 Nov 07, 2008 04:27

Yeah...did that too.

Actually, this isn't the only blog that's doing it. I have several other domains with b2evolution on them and they all seem to do this.

I'm hosted with hostgator if that makes any difference.

6 Nov 08, 2008 16:20

I can't be the only one this is happening to...does any one else host their blog at hostgator and have an issue like this?

7 Nov 08, 2008 16:37

At least yer unique huh? :D

I'd need :
1) b2evo admin login
2) ftp access to your blog
3) some free time

before I could even remotely suggest a solution.

If you pm me 1 & 2 I'll take a look when I get some 3 ;)

¥

Form is loading...