Recent Topics

1 Nov 06, 2008 16:49    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

Cheerio everyone, I've searched for the answers to these questions, and can't find them. Feel free to answer or nudge me in the right direction.

1. For the language of a post, is there any real difference between English(UK) and English(US) when you write a new post? Is the purpose of that designator just to let potential readers know what language the post was created in?

2. I've set every default I can find for language in the blog settings to English(US), but my new posts always default to English(UK). How can I change it, or does it really matter?

Thanks in advance.

2 Nov 06, 2008 17:01

1) no
2) check :
a)system default ( urm admin > advanced settings > locale )
b) blog settings ( admin > blog settings > [blog name] > look for summat localeish )
c) user settings ( admin > profile > [username if logged in as admin] > locale setting )

¥

3 Nov 06, 2008 21:42

Doh! I missed the individual User Settings. Works perfect now. Thank you for quick answer.

4 Jan 21, 2009 14:03

Hi, sorry to throw back this post but having the same issue. I can't find exactly theses options:

a)system default ( urm admin > advanced settings > locale )
b) blog settings ( admin > blog settings > [blog name] > look for summat localeish )
c) user settings ( admin > profile > [username if logged in as admin] > locale setting )

With b2evolution 2.4.5.

I currently have :
- Blog Settings > General Tab > Main Locale = French(CA)
- Global Settings > Regional Tab > Default Locale = French(CA)

Almost all the blog is in French except 2 annoying things :

1) The "Read more..." option
2) The date under the post title (Stays as "January 20th, 2009").

Any help would be appreciated.

5 Jan 22, 2009 01:12

By any chance is the locale for that post set to one of the English choices? The locale for each post over-rides the blog setting (which in turn over-rides the default setting). I think each User's setting over-rides the blog setting but I'm not really sure.

Anyway since those strings are translated in the messages.po file I'd be looking at the post in edit mode to see what it has for locale.

Hope it helps!

6 Jan 22, 2009 13:53

Yes, it worked!

I did not see that, while editing the msg, there's a expert tab which allows us to set the msg locale. Thk again!

Form is loading...