Recent Topics

1 Nov 19, 2008 15:20    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hi there

I used to use this code to insert a video into a blog post.

<object width="360" height="290" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="/flvplayer.swf?file=/videos/riverdance2.flv&amp;image=/videos/riverdance2.jpg&amp;bufferlength=5">

<param name="movie" value="/flvplayer.swf?file=/media/videos/riverdance2.flv&amp;image=/videos/riverdance2.jpg&amp;bufferlength=5"/>

<a href="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer">Macromedia Flash Player (tm) 7 required</a>

</object>

It now throws up that it doesn't like the 'a tag' in it, does anyone know how to get around this please? I know I could just take it out, but surely its needed for people who don't have the plugin installed for flash?

Thanks
Gz

2 Nov 19, 2008 15:35

Crack open inc/xhtml_validator/_xhtml_dtd.inc.php and meander down to a section that looks like this ( approx 418 )

if( $allow_objects )
{
	$allowed_tags += array
	(
		'object' => 'param embed',
	  'param' => '',
	  'embed' => '',
	);

and change it to look like this :

if( $allow_objects )
{
	$allowed_tags += array
	(
		'object' => 'param embed a',
	  'param' => '',
	  'embed' => '',
	);

;)

¥

3 Nov 19, 2008 17:40

By gosh yabba ma lad, that was a very clear and concise explanation. I tried that and it worked a treat. Hats off to you old bean, you sure know your stuff and thanks for getting back to me so quickly, it is really appreciated.

Cheers mate ;)

Gz

4 Nov 19, 2008 18:00

Quiet day at work huh? ;)

¥

5 Nov 19, 2008 18:39

Not been too bad, kept myself busy doing stock checks and wrapping orders as well as answering emails.

Oh and dragging 4 wheelie bins up from the bottom field >:(

Gz

6 Nov 19, 2008 18:42

Unlucky, I'd shoot the arse that left them down there :roll:

¥

Form is loading...