Recent Topics

1 Dec 13, 2008 23:07    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

Hi folks

I have several alerts set up on Google to monitor one of my blogs - its name and its author.

Today I received an alert that was not for this blog but had the same author for a blog that someone else publishes in our system.

BUT this post was in DRAFT mode and had NOT been published.

This blog does NOT have RSS feed enabled either.

It did have email notifications, which are turned off now, and it had pings but these are now also turned off, and it had a check next to list of public posts which is now also de-activated.

[This blog was supposed to be private - member only - but somewhere this has failed - probably error between keyboard and chair.]

The message one gets when you click through on the post title in the Google email alert is:
Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/xx/public_html/inc/_core/model/dataobjects/_dataobjectcache.class.php on line 283
But the linked blog name definitely takes you through to the blog itself without any errors.

How, oh how, did this Google Alert pick up a draft post?

2 Dec 14, 2008 09:24

The chances are that it spent a brief moment of it's life as published ... I had that happen to me yesterday, and I even had a comment left whilst I was changing it back over to private ... then I decided to just move it to my members only blog as it can't happen there ;)

See if this plugin is of any use to you ( [url=http://waffleson.co.uk/2008/12/protect-your-blogs]Protect your blogs[/url] )

¥

3 Dec 14, 2008 10:08

Ok thanks for the tip off - will check to see if it was published momentarily.

I followed the link you gave through to your site and then onto try and find the plugin but couldn't at first glance - would you give me the name I am to look for please. It does look like a good double-check.

4 Dec 14, 2008 10:18

If you download [url=http://b2evo.astonishme.co.uk/plugins.php?s=am_bopit]BOPIT[/url] ( crappy lil disc icon at top right ), install it and then meander over to admin > tools > bopit you should see a list of all supported plugins and widgets. Click the download icon next to .... urm, whatever I called it, probably summat cunning like "AM Protected Blogs - Version 1.0" ... cos I'm imaginative like that :P

It may seem a round about way but it allows me to not worry about constantly updating zip links in my blog posts .... besides, BOPIT is a pretty cool plugin to run anyway ;)

¥

5 Dec 14, 2008 10:34

Ok, so have downloaded BOPIT & Bloglist.

Written 'am:protected' into the advanced tab > notes.

But what else do I have to check to make sure that it is only the group of people that are members to this blog, as when I logged out of admin, I could still see the blog.

6 Dec 14, 2008 10:57

It also didn't change the 'published' posts to 'protected' automatically.

7 Dec 14, 2008 11:01

¥åßßå wrote:

whatever I called it, probably summat cunning like "AM Protected Blogs - Version 1.0" ... cos I'm imaginative like that :P

;)

¥

8 Dec 14, 2008 11:28

Ok, so getting there. Thanks for bearing with me.

[I don't think AM Protected Blogs was on the AM site, but have it now through BOPIT tab.]

Post status hasn't visually changed though when looking at the full post list.

Only if I edit each post and save again (without changing a thing) does it then change the post to 'protected'.

Also when I logged out as admin I got redirected to the login screen - which is what you said would happen BUT it didn't take me to the BLOG_BASE_URL (blog settings) when I logged in again via the login screen, it took me to the 'default blog to list' (global settings) instead.

9 Dec 14, 2008 11:45

The plugins only been released / posted on my site, mainly because I haven't gotten round to doing a full write up for Am :P

It won't retroactively update your post statuses, it just watches future ones, as you noticed, just editing and saving a post is enough.

I probably missed out a "$redirect_to" when you're sent to the login screen ... having said that, default_blog_to_display is probably a more logical answer.

¥

10 Dec 14, 2008 11:50

I would think that if you were wanting to log in to a particular blog then that is the blog that you'd want to get ???? (blog_base_url)

It doesn't make any sense to me to be taken to another blog (default_blog_to_display) unless of course I am not using that right?!

11 Dec 14, 2008 11:55

Blonde moment :D

The good news is, now that you're running BOPIT you'll know when I update the plugin ;)

¥

Form is loading...