Recent Topics

1 Jan 02, 2009 02:46    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Using Fantastico I upgraded to 2.4.5. I've upgraded from previous versions with no problems.
But this time I can't get to my blog.
I get an error page:
"An unexpected error has occured!

If this error persits, please report it to the administrator."
and
"Additional information about this error:
Requested Skin does not exist!"

I believe I was using the skin 'wpc_default'
Using the cpanel file manager, the skin is still there. I did not modify it to the best of my recollection.
I'm a relative ignoramous regarding blogs, so can't figure out what to do to fix this?
I did not backup before upgrading (please, no lectures)
I did save the restore information fantastico provided, but am not sure I understand how to use it.
Help, please!

2 Jan 02, 2009 06:20

Welcome to the forums!

'wpc_default' skin doesn't work in b2evo 2.4.5, just select any other skin for your blog from Blog settings > Skins
You can find more skins here http://skins.b2evolution.net/

Good luck.

3 Jan 02, 2009 17:20

Thanks, sam2kb.
I would love to tell it to use a different skin. In fact, I had been thinking of changing it BEFORE I did the upgrade. Only I went ahead with the upgrade. The problem is, I now can't get into the backoffice to change the skin.
The error page has a link which says: go back to home page. but comes right back to the error page.

So I see my options as:
-undo the upgrade (which is kinda scary, I see lots more opportunities to mess things up with this)
-wait for the system to time me out and hope for a login page eventually. OR
-Is there a file that can be hacked in a text editor?
Thank you.

5 Jan 02, 2009 18:15

Thank you, ¥åßßå. That got me in.
A lot of things sure have changed. I did manage to get a skin that works, and allows the content to be viewed.
But for a lot of areas, it kept wanting me to login. Is this normal?
I appreciate your help.
Thank you

6 Jan 03, 2009 11:00

Try changing $instance_name in conf/_advanced.php to something new and exciting ;)

¥

Form is loading...