2 Jul 09, 2004 00:32
Wanna be a guinea pig? Here's my suggestion, and this is exactly what I'll probably do:
1. back up all your files. download and zip them up.
2. back up your database. download it to your local computer.
(You should always do this before upgrading or installing anything, anyways!)
3. upload the new b2evolution. don't follow the directions, and keep your conf and skins and whatever else you want to use.
4. run the install. Does it work? No? Well, follow a few of the instructions that you ignored, and delete and upload the new conf folder, and try again.
5. check out your page. Is it broken? No? Great! Yes? Again, follow the instructions, and delete/reinstall the skins folder.
For special bonus points, let us know how it goes.
Worst case scenario, you have to restore from a backup, and that's not so bad.