Recent Topics

1 Jan 16, 2009 22:51    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

Hello.

Is there a way to change the status of an entire blog to protected not just private versus post-by-post? :?:

I don't want the blog loaded just because someone knows the URL. I want some blogs to be members-only.

For some reason, I thought I read it is doable, but can't find where I read it.

Thanks in advance.

3 Jan 17, 2009 09:34

Thanks for your reply, EdB.

Do you know of a way to access the Blog class from 'conf/_basic_config.php'? :?: I tried a few ways and none worked. I'm trying to access the data stored in T_coll_settings without using raw SQL for this required login feature.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Regarding BOPIT you mentioned, are you saying it allows a blog to be protected yet have some posts that are public? That would be a nice feature to have. I didn't see those features on that web page. For what I did see, it seems like a nice plugin to have.

4 Jan 17, 2009 19:48

um... both are a bit off-topic for this thread eh?

1. No idea - if I want to access the db I use phpmyadmin and just poke around.

2. Did I mention BOPIT? BOPIT is cool for entirely unrelated reasons. It lets you know if any of your plugins have an update, and some plugin names you might be interested in. The "protect your blogs" link is a plugin that apparently lets you make a blog be protected without bothering with clicking 'protected' on each post.

5 Jan 17, 2009 23:44

Thanks for your reply, EdB.

I guess I should have put the stuff about _basic_config.php in the thread of the 1st link you referred which was great - that info was what I was looking for.

Regarding the 2nd link you referred, I looked at it again trying to figure out how I got to BOPIT. Here's what it said:

It's dead simple really, first go grab the plugin from BOPIT, unzip it, upload it, meander into admin and install it .... that was the hard part. For any blog that you wish to protect just put am:protected in the blog notes field and press save ...... and that's it! Instant protected blog ;)

I found the plugin located via the link on that page:

Category: Plugins & Widgets

I think I'll give that a try but I want to add a param in Blog Settings Features whether or not to protect that blog.

Thanks for both links!

EDIT: Added quotes and revised response.

6 Jan 18, 2009 00:42

Hello again.

Just a note that I updated my previous reply.

Thanks.

Form is loading...