Recent Topics

1 Jan 27, 2009 11:59    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I just hit the upgrade button and have now lost public access to my b2 blog which is embedded in my website. I'd like to restore the back up but find some of the the instructions to be confusing. One of the instructions states:

Untar /home/vickers/fantastico_backups/blog.backup.1233051620.tgx.

Whats does Untar mean ie what should I do for this instruction?

Can anyone help me with this pls.

Cheers,

Tony

2 Jan 27, 2009 12:40

Think a tgx is a compressed file format like a zip file - I'm pretty sure Untar is the same an unzip.

3 Jan 27, 2009 21:33

Thanks for your help Chris. The tgx is compressed which will unzip with winzipped. My guess is that I need to unzip, then copy the files onto my blog folder. Do you think that sounds right?

4 Jan 28, 2009 02:30

You used Fantastico to upgrade?

Used to be that was quite okay, but then they lost their mind and caused nothing but troubles. Have you the technical hipness to update manually? You will need to (1) download (2) unzip (3) edit one file (4) delete everything that is part of b2evolution except your media folder from your server and (5) upload the stuff you just unzipped including the edited file. Step six will be to run the installer then delete the /install/ folder, but if this is scaring the pants off you ... drag. Cuz Fantastico is a cool tool for installing but lost it's mind for upgrading.

5 Jan 28, 2009 07:44

Yes I did. In the Fantastico section in my ISP's package (PlanetDomain)an update link was provided which I hit and moments later was advised upgrade was successful. I went to open the blog and just got an error message. Looks like Fantastico is not so Fantastico. I will contact my ISP and ask them to fix. Thanks for your help with realising that Fantastico is not so good for upgrading.

Cheers,

Tony

Form is loading...