Recent Topics

1 Jan 27, 2009 14:17    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

Hi there, I have just installed b2evolution ver.2.4.5. when i go to the /admin.php to go into the site - it doesn't except my password. When I enter my password, it fill the whole password block with the "password dots". I have tried to find something on the blogs already submitted, but the only one I found was to change a line in $instance_name in /conf/_advanced.php

$instance_name = 'b2evo'; // MUST BE A SINGLE WORD! NO SPACES!!

I have done this, but now I get this error and still cant log in:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ebuycoza/public_html/blog/conf/_advanced.php:1211) in /home/ebuycoza/public_html/blog/inc/sessions/model/_session.class.php on line 219

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ebuycoza/public_html/blog/conf/_advanced.php:1211) in /home/ebuycoza/public_html/blog/inc/_core/_template.funcs.php on line 146

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ebuycoza/public_html/blog/conf/_advanced.php:1211) in /home/ebuycoza/public_html/blog/inc/_core/_template.funcs.php on line 147

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ebuycoza/public_html/blog/conf/_advanced.php:1211) in /home/ebuycoza/public_html/blog/inc/_core/_template.funcs.php on line 148

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ebuycoza/public_html/blog/conf/_advanced.php:1211) in /home/ebuycoza/public_html/blog/inc/_core/_template.funcs.php on line 149

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ebuycoza/public_html/blog/conf/_advanced.php:1211) in /home/ebuycoza/public_html/blog/skins_adm/login/_html_header.inc.php on line 29

I would appreciate any assistance.

Thanks,

2 Jan 27, 2009 19:55

I'm gonna guess that your editor has added shedloads of extra lines in /conf/_advanced.php, you need to delete any that are after the final ?>

¥

3 Jan 28, 2009 08:59

Hi there, I have had a look but cant see any problems. Will I be able to mail you the file?

4 Jan 28, 2009 13:00

Chances are that if you looked with the same editor that caused the whitespace problem then you won't see the whitespace problem.

Try using something really simple like notepad. Not that notepad is any fun to use, but it will certainly work well for this situation.

What you want is absolutely nothing before the first <?php and absolutely nothing after the last ?>

Getting a fresh copy of the file won't help because you will have to edit it again yah? So first we gotta figure out why your editor is doing bad things - assuming that is the problem. BTW some programs that make webs can also be used as file editors, but they must be suspected of causing whitespace problems. The reason is when they handle files as a web *they* know what they're doing. And they do it when they're handling files that aren't a web they manage. So now you have extra stuff in your files.

Anyway let's confirm the whitespace issue first.

5 Jan 28, 2009 13:10

Hi there, Thanks for your responce. I checked it with notepad, and indeed, I did have an open line. It sorted the problem I got showing this on the logon screen:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ebuycoza/public_html/blog/conf/_advanced.php:1211) in /home/ebuycoza/public_html/blog/inc/sessions/model/_session.class.php on line 219

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ebuycoza/public_html/blog/conf/_advanced.php:1211) in /home/ebuycoza/public_html/blog/inc/_core/_template.funcs.php on line 146

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ebuycoza/public_html/blog/conf/_advanced.php:1211) in /home/ebuycoza/public_html/blog/inc/_core/_template.funcs.php on line 147

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ebuycoza/public_html/blog/conf/_advanced.php:1211) in /home/ebuycoza/public_html/blog/inc/_core/_template.funcs.php on line 148

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ebuycoza/public_html/blog/conf/_advanced.php:1211) in /home/ebuycoza/public_html/blog/inc/_core/_template.funcs.php on line 149

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ebuycoza/public_html/blog/conf/_advanced.php:1211) in /home/ebuycoza/public_html/blog/skins_adm/login/_html_header.inc.php on line 29

But, I still cant log in with the user name and password?

6 Jan 28, 2009 13:32

Notice how "conf/_advanced.php" is mentioned in each of those warnings? I'd be looking at that file next for more whitespace.

What editor did you use to initially put your database connection and baseurl info into _basic_config.php file? If it is a microsoft product it probably can not be trained to not try to take over your world. If it is dreamweaver I'm pretty sure there is a way to tell it "do files only - don't try to manage my web".

Oh and there are a lot of really good free editors out there that won't punch you in your whitespace. I use both "notepad++" and a thing called "HTML Kit".

7 Jan 28, 2009 14:14

Hi, I havent done any editing of _basic_config.php, but I went through that file now, and cant see what I must edit or change.

8 Jan 28, 2009 17:33

Remove the whitespace at the end of /blog/conf/_advanced.php

All these warnings came out because for some reason when you edited/uploaded files they got an extra line break.

string one
string two

became

string one

string two

I had the same problem when I uploaded zipped file on server and extracted it. I'd also recommend you to use good FTP clients such as [url=http://filezilla-project.org/]FileZilla[/url] or [url=http://www.smartftp.com/?lang=en-us]SmartFTP[/url]

9 Jan 29, 2009 07:06

Hi there,

I have removed all white spaces and I am using FileZilla. Is there a way to reset the admin user's password and user name?

Thanks,

10 Jan 29, 2009 12:24

search these forums for "cabbage" (or look through the sticky posts up top) and you will find a way to reset the admin password to "cabbage". I'm pretty sure that'll also help you change the admin's login name.

Actually for the password you could just tell it you lost your password then check your email :)

11 Jan 29, 2009 12:43

Thanks! :D Appreciate it.

Form is loading...