Recent Topics

1 Jul 11, 2004 22:09    

I think it would be nice if you could bring up a list of entry titles in a blog with checkboxes next to them so you could quickly delete an entire batch of posts. When I'm testing the MT import script I need to import a batch of posts, see how it worked and then delete them all again. I know I can do this directly in the database, but that's a bit of a pain. The alternative of clicking the Delete Post button for each post is pretty time consuming.

This isn't a must have feature, but it would be nice and shouldn't be too difficult to implement.

2 Jul 11, 2004 23:55

is it an option to inport all these post to a certain author and at the time you want to delete those posts, delete the author...

not what you have in mind, but at least, that's an option that is working at this moment.

3 Jul 12, 2004 00:01

Good idea, that'll work for me for now! This would still be a handy feature to have sometime, not a high priority though.

4 Nov 29, 2005 07:54

Oh no! So I have to delete each entry one by one? It's taking me forever - I don't want the default posts that came with the installation :'(. My hands are so tired from deleting each one!

5 Dec 02, 2005 16:21

When i have some time and if no one else is already doing this i will add it to v1.6.
So 2weeks max, coz i'm a very busy man atm ;)

6 Dec 02, 2005 18:54

At least, read the default posts !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
These are not just default post for fun, but are in fact the manual !!!!!

8 Dec 02, 2005 19:09

The default posts in a b2evolution installation answer at least half the 'newbie' questions that get posted to these forums. Most people don't read them. Creating a way to instantly delete ALL of them will mean even less people read them, meaning even more people asking "how do I do something that was explained to me had I only read the default installation posts".

9 Dec 02, 2005 19:21

Oh so thats what there called ;)
I read the default posts, but that was like 6months ago...
Is there a place you can read them besides the new installation of your blog?

Well anyway if you peepz want i could make it so there are check boxes (instead of individual delete buttons), and one delete button at the bottom (which deletes all checked posts)?

10 Dec 02, 2005 19:30

When you do a new install, there's a user created called admin, and all the default posts are assigned to that user.

I wonder what would happen if you created your own admin user and deleted the original.......I'm sure the consequences are mentioned in one of the default posts.... damn, if only I hadn't deleted them :p

¥

11 Dec 02, 2005 19:46

I don't think you're allowed to delete user #1, but if you tweak the installer you can make it not be named admin. Been there, done that. Too bad I forgot what I named it and what password I gave it...

As to mass deletion of posts: what's the value other than the new user who wants to delete the posts he or she hasn't bothered to read? This thread started with someone testing an import feature, which again means a new user. Maybe being able to do a 'global' deprecation, and from deprecated a 'global' deletion? Maybe it would be conditional on having selected a specific category?

Again I have to wonder what blogger is going to use this feature. Seems to me it doesn't add value to the core of the application. I could be *very* wrong in this eh?

12 Dec 02, 2005 20:46

Well what would be good is have all the actions avaliable in the right column of the "Edit View", and a "delete all" button, in the "Post List" view, with check

Probz have it in a sperate view called power mode or something.

So something like:

//PHP quotes display it better...
(Posts)                                             (Edit Column)                 (Search Column)
                                                       [Categories]
                                                       [Visibility/Sharing]
                                                       [Comments]
                                                       [Text Renderers]
(Buttons)
[Save Changes] [Delete Selected]      [Language]
                                                       [Type]
                                                       [Advanced Properties]
                                                       [Workflow Properties]
                                                       [Additional Actions]

I can see these being used in:
Skin Design
Blog Re-Organisation
Clean Ups

When i get some spare time i could do this...

13 Dec 02, 2005 22:06

If you want to do a skin design/redesign using "new posts" (dunno why when you'd have your current post), then just create a new blog and post your test posts in it.

When you've finished your design/redesign, delete the blog.... posts gone.

EdB, whilst yer often vaguer than the ephemeral stuff you ride whilst doing your lemming re-enactments, yer far from wrong this time ;)

¥

Oh yeah, and the reason why there's no huge pile of lemming bones is because they're famous at landing ;)

14 Dec 02, 2005 22:21

Well i use new posts and stuff for skin and hax testing, and i never thought about making a new blog, so thanks for that idea.

But that power mode would still come in handy for the other uses i mentioned.
A few months ago i redid my blogs and had to move alot of posts.
Yer...

15 Dec 02, 2005 22:22

¥åßßå wrote:

Oh yeah, and the reason why there's no huge pile of lemming bones is because they're famous at landing ;)

Y'all are gonna hafta excuse an inside joke, but...

HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa!!!

Dang it I wish I had lemming in me background. Praps Idve not left a small piece o' bone at Dry Canyon eh?

16 Dec 02, 2005 22:25

Y'all are gonna hafta excuse an inside joke, but...

Lol, knew I could make yah giggle like a bitch ;)

¥

17 Feb 07, 2006 02:25

I think they want "automatic deprecation".

19 May 07, 2006 18:12

Why not make it possible for users to indicate an end date from their posts. Similar to publish date. Only you have the option to remove a post at some future date (by setting that date). Plus, indicate whether you want to save (end public view) or permentantly delete entry from database on end date. This will save a lot of clean up time.

End Date: (mo) (dy (yr) (time) (delete y/n)
y = permentantly delete from b2 database.
n = remove from public view but save entry.

Thanks

20 May 07, 2006 18:25

This has already been discussed in a few other topics, i'm pretty sure it's called pruning. - I'll let you off for not finding it via a search, coz i just tried and couldn't find it either. but the topics are there... somewhere....

Although you can do this by searching your posts which have a certain date, and delete them that way, if im not mistaken.

When i have some time i will and add this, so by this time next year it should be out. - i don't have much free time.

Form is loading...