Recent Topics

1 Feb 07, 2009 02:06    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

Looking at the http://www.mydomain.org/blogs/htsrv/login.php or the other one http://www.mydomain.org/blogs/htsrv/login.php?redirect_to=http://mydomain.org/blogs/Index.php%3Fblog%3D1

I have removed the actual domain for security reasons above but if you provide a email address then I will give you the actual link. To the web page - to see for your self - I have made no changes as of yet.

Now for my question - How do you remove the logon b2evolution at the top of each of the login screens - I want to put my own logo on top i will still keeo a link at the bottom if required to do so - I do not mind doing that. I need to know where do i find the line that i have to change to my own logo - that is if it is a logon.

THANKS

Frank H. Shaw

2 Feb 07, 2009 02:40

You realize that when you remove the domain name and put "domain.com" in there that means no one can see anything?

BTW this was covered very recently. Searching will find it I'm sure.

3 Feb 07, 2009 02:47

http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=17738 is pretty close. It talks about the link and if memory serves me you can also change the image. The person who asked that question simply uploaded a new image in the place of the original image, but yeah you can call for a new image in the file specified in the other thread.

Keeping a linkback to b2evolution is not required. You are completely free to remove it from any and all pages. OTOH it's very rude wouldn't you say? The linkback is like saying "thank you" for free software is the thing.

4 Feb 07, 2009 03:45

Yes I agree I do not have a problem with link backs for software i pay for and free software as you put it. I do feel that there is a place for link backs and a place for them not to be. I do not remove link backs in my web sites unless they get in the way of some functulity and look and feel of the site as a whole.

Thanks for clear uo that point as to what i can and can not do.

THANKS

Frank H, Shaw

5 Feb 07, 2009 03:56

EdB wrote:

You realize that when you remove the domain name and put "domain.com" in there that means no one can see anything?

You have to realize that the web site that i am using your product for is a masonic web site that i am in the process of building and siince the nature of the system I have a number of areas on the site that require athencation to get access. If I get a lot of spammers trying to get account on the web site not reffering to your software in specific. I have to spend all my time appoving or diappoving registering user. I have such a heavy process i have someone go through to figure out who they are before allowing them access to some of the areas. I can not get any development done.

I can send you the actaul domain name and which would allow you to test something but that is not a requiremnt yet because i ahve not made any changes to the software source code or scripts yet.

6 Feb 07, 2009 03:57

fshaw wrote:

EdB wrote:

You have to realize that the web site that i am using your product for is a masonic web site that i am in the process of building and siince the nature of the system I have a number of areas on the site that require athencation to get access. If I get a lot of spammers trying to get account on the web site not reffering to your software in specific. I have to spend all my time appoving or diappoving registering user. I have such a heavy process i have someone go through to figure out who they are before allowing them access to some of the areas. I can not get any development done.

I can send you the actaul domain name and which would allow you to test something but that is not a requiremnt yet because i ahve not made any changes to the software source code or scripts yet.

What do you mean by this below?

7 Feb 07, 2009 03:59

Quite off topic eh?

Faking up a link and saying "see the link" is pointless.

This is NOT my software. I volunteer my time helping people who ask questions.

Oh and you're welcome.

8 Feb 07, 2009 04:01

fshaw wrote:

fshaw wrote:

EdB wrote:

What do you mean by this below?

I went to the link you gave me and here is what i found

So open up conf/_application.php and look for $app_banner. There the link on that image is created.

I hope that will do what i want - I will let you know and get back to you THANKS
Frank H. Shaw

9 Feb 07, 2009 04:28

Yeah it should. I just looked is the thing. In v2.4.6 I found it on line 38 of that file. Both the image call and the link. I suggest uploading the new image to the same path because otherwise you have to craft up the full URL to the path of your image. Not a biggie eh? But don't use a URL that depends on the base URL in the head because *that* points to your skin folder. Weird, but there ya go.

10 Feb 07, 2009 04:39

THANKS for that information - I have logged the information to my notes and will start tomarow or even later to night start make the mods required.
I will keep you in the loop as to the mods I do and share the informtion like wise.

THANKS very much of the time and information.

Frank H, Shaw

Form is loading...