Recent Topics

1 Feb 13, 2009 06:08    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

The Temolete called evocamp when the page comes up here is the link to one of the pages:

http://www.burningtaper.org/blogs/index.php?blog=11

Click on the above link - you will see the top right a number of other pages.

I do not want all the pages listed - how can stop this - where in the templete is this being done.

Can I shut it off in the backend as a admin or do I have to do it in the templete script.

THe troublle as o see it is the templete list all the blogs pages. I want to control wht gets listed.

Please explain THANKS

THANKS

Frank H. Shaw

2 Feb 13, 2009 06:57

Most everything will be done by the back office.

I'm not seeing a list of pages there, not that a list of pages couldn't be there. What I see is a list of blogs.

Blue Lodge York Rite Scottish Rit Aleppo Masoinc News Masonic Info Blue Lodge

If those are the "pages" you are concerned with they're actually blogs. Blogs are basically collections of posts, and some posts can be "page type" posts. And you could select to have your "pages" listed up there :)

Anyway assuming the blog list is what you want to remove from only that blog it is going to be not so bad. Go to "Blog settings -> pick a blog -> widgets". There you will see a list of widgets in containers. Widgets being bits to see on your blog, and containers being various sections of the displayed page. So find a container named something like Header or Menu and see if there is a widget called blog list. Remove it.

3 Feb 13, 2009 08:11

Here's a dirty quick solution until you sort out deleting widgets :)
Add it to your skins style.css

.widget_core_colls_list_public{display:none;}

4 Feb 13, 2009 12:59

Hi

As posted above, the links listed are actually blogs. If you want to remove them all from a blog then EdB has already told you how to do that.

I think the list you are seeing is the 'Public blog list' so if you only want to remove certain items (blogs) from that list then go to Blog settings - Features for the blog you want to remove and untick the 'Include in public blog list' tick box. This will remove the chosen blog from the list.

Cheers
Lee

5 Feb 13, 2009 15:51

fshaw wrote:

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

The Temolete called evocamp when the page comes up here is the link to one of the pages:

http://www.burningtaper.org/blogs/index.php?blog=11

Click on the above link - you will see the top right a number of other pages.

I do not want all the pages listed - how can stop this - where in the templete is this being done.

Can I shut it off in the backend as a admin or do I have to do it in the templete script.

THe troublle as o see it is the templete list all the blogs pages. I want to control wht gets listed.

Please explain THANKS

THANKS

Frank H. Shaw

Ok sorry about the mix in terms blogs vs pages it is a matter of perspective who you are refering to as reading the post.

A computer person is list of blogs and a non computer peerson pages make more sence to them.

I will try to be more careful on that point.

THANKS

Frank H. Shaw

6 Feb 13, 2009 16:02

lturner wrote:

Hi

As posted above, the links listed are actually blogs. If you want to remove them all from a blog then EdB has already told you how to do that.

I think the list you are seeing is the 'Public blog list' so if you only want to remove certain items (blogs) from that list then go to Blog settings - Features for the blog you want to remove and untick the 'Include in public blog list' tick box. This will remove the chosen blog from the list.

Cheers
Lee

Can I be selective in what public blogs are listed in this list so that for example only list the public blogs that the user him self created in the list.

Is there a way to filter the list down by lets say category or some other means other then the user group the user is assgined to.

THANKS

Frank H. Shaw

PS Or is the public blog not what I think it is ?

7 Feb 13, 2009 16:14

My understanding is that the public blog list is a lot simpler than that. For each blog that you create you have the option of whether it goes in the public blog list or not (via Blog settings - Features). I don't think that you can select all blogs as public and then filter the list via some other data (category or group etc)

8 Feb 13, 2009 16:37

lturner wrote:

My understanding is that the public blog list is a lot simpler than that. For each blog that you create you have the option of whether it goes in the public blog list or not (via Blog settings - Features). I don't think that you can select all blogs as public and then filter the list via some other data (category or group etc)

If what you say is true before I have to do and write my own filters to filter the list - what is the differnce between the public bliogs and private blogs.

In my case I just want to just be able to have the blog be seen by the publc by just giveing a link with out being required to logon in any way.

I do not care about how they get the link I can handle that in my own scripts?

Do you follow what i am saying here?

THANKS

Frank H. Shaw

9 Feb 13, 2009 16:45

There is no real difference as far as I know between public and non-public blogs other than the fact that if they are not public they will not be visible in the 'Public blog list' widget.

If you don't specify the blog as public you will still be able to access it so from what you are saying you could set them all to non-public and roll your own widget to create the links.

Or for that matter, set them all to public, remove the 'Public blog list' widget and roll your own widget to create the links.

10 Feb 13, 2009 16:53

Search for afwas' blog list plugin ;)

¥

11 Feb 13, 2009 16:58

lturner wrote:

There is no real difference as far as I know between public and non-public blogs other than the fact that if they are not public they will not be visible in the 'Public blog list' widget.

If you don't specify the blog as public you will still be able to access it so from what you are saying you could set them all to non-public and roll your own widget to create the links.

Or for that matter, set them all to public, remove the 'Public blog list' widget and roll your own widget to create the links.

Ok i think what I want to do is make them all public and roll out my own widget to create the links.

So with out getting in to much detail - I have to ask how does one go about creating a widget in general - so that I can conform to the standards if there are any in this case - what are the guide lines if any to make a widget - or is it just a fancy name for some PHP script to support a change in the product.

THANKS

Frank H. Shaw

13 Feb 13, 2009 17:11

fshaw wrote:

So with out getting in to much detail - I have to ask how does one go about creating a widget in general - so that I can conform to the standards if there are any in this case - what are the guide lines if any to make a widget - or is it just a fancy name for some PHP script to support a change in the product.

It really comes down to whether you want to share your plugin with the big bad world. If it's just for you then you can code it how you like. If it's for others then you *really* need to think "multi blog, multi-user [especially perms], multi-lingual"

The test plugin is a good place to start, or pull apart any plugin that remotely does something similar to your goals.

¥

14 Feb 13, 2009 17:19

lturner wrote:

Take a look at this first to see if it will meet your needs:

http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=14368

Cheers
Lee

Yes that looks like it will do what i am looking for - Now since I have never used you b2evolution and installed a widget before. is this someing like a upgrade to the product or is it something I bring down on to my lap top and unzip the files and move the file to the correct folders on the server.

Or do I have to contact my server admin and have him install the upgrade or what ever and then configure the upgrade or widget to the server.

If you feel that this question is to basic and I should know - I have never done this before and we my admin and my self are on different time sechudles and I am sleeping while he is working - of you know what i mean.

THANKS

Frank H. Shaw

PS it si a windows server 2003 and I do have ridgts to create a folder on the server - I do have rights to the full server sinec it is mine - but I do not admin my admin does that for me. {If i have trouble with it then I get involed else I stay out fo his way if you know what i mean}.

15 Feb 13, 2009 17:21

Download the zip > unpack it > upload plugins_folder to your blogs /plugins/ folder.

Meander over to admin > global settings > plugin install ... click the link "install new plugin" -> select new plugin from the list

¥

16 Feb 13, 2009 17:25

¥åßßå wrote:

Download the zip > unpack it > upload plugins_folder to your blogs /plugins/ folder.

Meander over to admin > global settings > plugin install ... click the link "install new plugin" -> select new plugin from the list

¥

THANKS will do !

I will ket you know how i make out

THANKS

Frank H. Shaw

17 Feb 13, 2009 17:39

Its as simple as that :D

If you feel that this question is to basic and I should know - I have never done this before and we my admin and my self are on different time sechudles and I am sleeping while he is working - of you know what i mean.

We all have to start some where. You are doing great :D

Once you have installed the plugin you will need to edit the options to include the id's of the blogs you want listed. I have never used the plugin but if you get stuck post here and I will see if I can get it installed to help you out.

Cheers
Lee

18 Feb 13, 2009 18:11

Thanks for the quck responce - I have never installed a pjug in before or worked with one either so first time for everything.

This is good = I will be doing this over the wekend if not today and let you know how i make out on this.

THANKS

Frank H. Shaw

19 Feb 13, 2009 19:35

The plugin works great but if you remove the last id and leave the field blank I found out the blog page errrors out.

Here is the field :

Plugin Settings

Avaiaiable Blogs 1, 2, 3 , 4

If the field is blank the then when the blog page is displayed the page shows all out of formant with errors.

What should I do if I put the id of the same blog as the one i am displaying.

What I think I would like is if the blog list {public} is only one then it would be better to show the words "Home" for the Blog list of no text at all either way would work.

THANKS

Frank H. Shaw

20 Feb 13, 2009 19:58

I problem only occurs when the list has no values or ID 's listed in it - so if you only want to list its own self - and you have to if you can not leave it blank - then when you list the same page as the one you are looking at and only one item in the list I could change the logic to say name - but where would I have to go to make that change.

Please see point me in the right place - would I have to do it in the plugin or somewhere else.

THANKS

Frank H. Shaw

21 Feb 13, 2009 20:01

where do I have to go in the forums or else where to post the two questions above - or do I still post the question i this part of the fourms?

THANKS

Frank H. Shaw

22 Feb 13, 2009 20:11

Good Lord slow the hell down! I mean, maybe waiting for a reply might be a good thing?

http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewforum.php?f=9 is where plugin questions go, with the best place being the thread that already exists about the plugin you're asking about. Or sometimes the plugin author has a blog post on their own domain somewhere.

23 Feb 13, 2009 20:22

I did not know if lee was still monitruing the post:

We all have to start some where. You are doing great

Once you have installed the plugin you will need to edit the options to include the id's of the blogs you want listed. I have never used the plugin but if you get stuck post here and I will see if I can get it installed to help you out.

Cheers
Lee

But he said what he said above so since I said that I had it installed and it seemed to work fine on first glance - he might have stopped montoring the post - so I wanted to ask where is the place I should go if i have questions about the plugin - but i do not even know if the plug in is the place to make the change i want to make. or is it just a bug in the plugin that needs to be fixed.

THANKS

Frank H. Shaw

PS you see i am get it - it is taken a while.

24 Feb 15, 2009 02:04

I just want to say thanks from the bottom of my heart - it is Feb 14 and you the other day was very helpful in getting me to the point. I did have a little trouble working out a few things with the plugin but what I wanted it for it works just fine.

I posted in the plug in part of the forum some things I found out in the process of working with the plug in.

THANKS Agian all

THANKS

Frank H. Shaw

PS This the last posting of this subject by me in this thread.

Form is loading...