Recent Topics

1 Feb 15, 2009 23:14    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

I installed my version of b2evolution from my webhosting company's server. The company is called Hostgator.

On my software it is now suggesting I upgrade to 2.4.6 "New Year".

My question is "Is it safe to do this by downloading as suggested, presumably from the b2evolution website. Do things get updated correctly at the Hostgator server end".

Or would there be possible problems with file permissions required on the Hostgator server and other matters to consider, and if this is the case should I leave it and be satisfied with version 2.4.5 which works fine?

Thanks for advice. :?:

3 Feb 16, 2009 10:45

Thanks John.

Read link, understood and downloaded files.

I just use CuteFTP8 for my access to the server at Hostgator. So will do that later.

4 Feb 17, 2009 01:23

Good luck with the upgrade!

5 Feb 17, 2009 13:20

Hello again Walter.
Thanks for message - I am about to try today...!!

6 Feb 17, 2009 15:35

Walter - have a look at my post today entitled.

"Upgrading to new B2 version - avoid chaos - read this!"

The post is in the b2evolution Support area, not on a blog.

I did it in the end, but I think it was your good wishes of "LUCK" that won through in the finish.
David

7 Feb 17, 2009 15:41

um... how can one find this post? The link in your profile, and in www below your post, doesn't seem to go to a blog or have a link to a blog. Help?

8 Feb 17, 2009 15:48

Hi EdB

Sorry guy I didn't think it was meant to. Once again got wrong end of stick. Will correct. Thought it went to our website.

Thanks for pointing this out.

9 Feb 17, 2009 15:51

Edb

Just put right. Thanks again. Oh and that post... I was referring to post in the support Edb. Just made it.

David

10 Feb 17, 2009 15:58

OMG did you mean the post in the forums with that title?

:oops:

Hey if you want your profile to be to your main domain, (and eventually put a link to your blog on it) then of course do that. The thing is when I read "have a look at my post" I thought of blog post. DOH!

Form is loading...