Recent Topics

1 Feb 17, 2009 05:06    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hello,
I just installed b2evolution to use for a niche blog. I would like to customize a couple of things before the official launch and was wondering if you could help me with that.

Here are the things I need to change:
1. In the foother, I want to remove
"Contact • ©2009 by admin
Credits: blog software | web hosting | monetize"
and replace iwth with "©2009 mywebsite.com."
2. On the login page, would it be possible to do the following:
- to replace the B2evolution logo with my website logo
- to remove the "Log into backoffice" box (using just the "Log in" as Administrator works as well while having another option next to it might seem confusing for the users)?
3. On the Register and Email address validation pages
- to replace the B2evolution logo with my website logo?

I would appreciate it very much of you could give me any advice.

Thanks,
Irina

2 Feb 17, 2009 08:08

All very doable. Searching the forums for appropriate keywords will most likely find the answers.

1. footer spam - and use the hacks.php solution cuz it is the easiest.

2 and 3. Wow I dunno what keywords. Maybe "register logo"?

Oh and maybe put EdB in the 'author' field. MAYBE because I think it'll filter to threads with me in them and the keywords even if I didn't put the keywords in the thread.

Anyway hey welcome to the forums! Search is a good friend even though it's a bit clunky and sometimes you get a million responses ... none of which help.

3 Feb 17, 2009 14:56

Thanks EdB! Will do as you suggested. (Not sure about the AA part, though.)

4 Feb 17, 2009 15:21

igeller wrote:

Thanks EdB! Will do as you suggested. (Not sure about the AA part, though.)

That is a 'signature line' bit and not something I expect most folk to do. Cuz, you know, "normal" people don't want to deal with "those types". Seriously: no problem if you don't, and no gain to me if you do. No problem to me if you don't care about your fellow man. No problem to me if you ask for help but won't give it. No problem to me if you turn your back on those with an incurable brain disease and the worst social stigma you could ever imagine.

No problem at all because the addict is the only one who can (a) identify and accept the problem and (b) work like hell to fix it and (c) spend the rest of their lives fighting against a brain disease that doesn't mind killing the host body. I mean, really. Why bother helping someone who needs it?

(I think you just went on my "ignore this ass" list)

Form is loading...