Recent Topics

1 Mar 03, 2009 22:43    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

i upgraded from a very old version today, always a fun time with any php software :-/ anyhow, i'm stumped on why my default skins are not showing the skins list for users to choose from.

checking online help was no help because it mentions a feature that my backoffice does not seem to have:

General Tab/Default display options:

The Default skin dropdown box is where you choose which skin your blog will be displayed with. (edit: ok, i have this in the blog features tab, not the general tab)

Allow skin switching determines whether the user will be able to override the default setting and display your blog with another skin. (edit: i don't have a place to acknowledge this feature)

ive poured through every feature, every widget, etc. with no luck. anyone have ideas? thanks!

2 Mar 03, 2009 23:18

I believe that "skin switching" function was dropped some time ago.

The skins for the new 2. versions are a lot different to the older skins.

In Blog Settings you can select a skin on a per Blog basis and you can upload skins from the Skins Download links.

5 Mar 03, 2009 23:36

There you go... one gate closes, another one opens :)

6 Mar 04, 2009 00:22

that worked a treat, much thanks sam2kb. i'd give you some rep points but don't know how or if i can. thanks tho.

this issue was my own fault really, i haven't kept up with upgrades but the time came to go from 1.8 to current. i should have come here first. i'll watch out for the 3.o version.

hanks everybody, this post can be closed by admin.

Form is loading...